Vulture's View Bed and Breakfast
$125
ComfortInn
$143
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites(Oakhurst)(Great Value!)
$165
$139
Travelocity
$129
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn(Oakhurst)(Great Value!)
$174
$152
Agoda.com
$134
Travelocity
$545
The Pines Resort(Bass Lake)(Great Value!)
$160
$130
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsvultures viewhot tubb bbass lakeminute drivejudyparkyosemiteretreatcloset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2009

My husband and I were trying to find a place where we could celebrate our second anniversary having met in 05 at our High School Reunion! It was also near the date of my birthday and so we thought to combine the two in the same weekend.

My husband had gone on the internet, and told me that he had a surprise for me and all I knew was to be packed and be sure to bring tennis shoes. I of course tried my darnedest to peel it out of him, but he keeps a pretty good secret, although he always lets a bit out, and left me with...."It's a place you've been asking to go to for a while!"

SOOOO, I had a sneaking suspicion we were headed for Yosemite. Along the way, he had me call and let the desk know we were going to be late for check in, and I spoke to this lady named Judy...who comforted us with..."Come when you get here!" I was intrigued to say the least.

We finally got to this small town called Oakhurst, and soon my husband told me to look for a sign that said.."Vulture's View." I wondered where was this man taking me!! Soon we made that right turn into a drive way and the rest is history. Out came this amazing lady, introduced herself as Judy, and soon I saw my Aunt Lucille all rolled into one! I immediately fell in love with her, and I began to ask her a million questions of when they moved there, what they had done before...and soon an hour had passed.

In time this wonderful woman gave me her history of this place, as my eyes were circling all around, taking in the deer lying so near us on the lawn, on thought they were the family dogs! Judy filled us in on all the places to go explore, what and how to get to Yosemite quicker, what places to go and eat at, each menu each restaurant had. We were just taken with this wonderful woman who just glowed when she talked!!

Soon we found our room, around the back, and when I saw that view my breath was taken away. I turned to my husband and said..."We cannot go out to eat, we have to find a grocery store and come eat on this deck!" That is exactly what we did, sitting out, after we ate at our little dining table, with the night sounds surrounding us....and soon my eyes caught her Happy Birthday sticker on the wall! I was elated! I just suddenly took the guest book and had to write our feelings about being here...and in time we were sitting out side, long into the night, looking at the stars, hearing the night sounds and just sitting as of an entire symphony had come and played for us!

In the morning we found this delightful refrigerator filled with all sorts of goodies that we helped ourselves to, and once more I found myself writing a second page in the guest book and I called it "The morning after!" I could not help myself in expressing to Judy and her husband Phil just what it meant for us to stay in this small haven of heaven. How warmly they had greeted us, how at home we felt, how amazed we were that this retired couple took this amazing home and built this small lovely place high in the wilderness and fill it with such love for each and every person that came here to stay. It just took our breath away and all day during our time in Yosemite, we just talked about how we found our yearly Anniversary Place to go to!! We just had to know that we could see this amazing couple once more!

After we got home...we wrote a personal letter to both of them thanking them for such hospitality, the feeling of coming there to visit them as if we knew them all of our lives...the cozy lovely room so clean, and just everything that one would want for a few nights. Waking up and seeing that morning was as breathtaking as it had been the night before...gazing at the stars...We ate a small breakfast and soon off we went, we had to tell them about the loveliness in the room, the art work on the walls, just all the personal touches that I am sure Judy poured herself into doing. It was truly our heavenly haven that we both fell in love with.

I certainly recommend tp anyone that needs to get away, have this silence and peace, a small fortune of goodies all through the house for the night, and wake up to such peace..go and stay and get a new lease of life at Vulture's View. Get a warm feeling from a wonderful couple who give so much to those who are so fortunate to have been able to stay in this wonderful home...Judy and Phil we thank you from our hearts...you made my birthday and our anniversary one we shall remember for many years to come!!

Look for us next year...we are coming back!!

Jim and Dimitria Davidson

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Just the drive up the Road to Vulture's View was an experience. We were suddenly surrounded by beautiful trees everywhere. Very spacious property. We were greeted with the Mountains beauty not to mention lots of deer. Families of Deer with their fawns stopped in the road to look at us as we cruised by. We pulled up to a very Unique Mountain Bed & Breakfast with a great welcoming atmosphere. Then, to our surprise Judy, our Inn Keeper/Owner came out to greet us, welcoming us with a huge smile and was anxious to show us our room. Our reservations were made last minute so we did not expect a view room but were pleasantly surprised to be given Room 3 which was under a canopy of plants/patio with a nice picnic bench and little fountain area and grassy area with flowers. The room was right there and was so cozy. It felt like your own private little area even though it was a way to the other rooms. Like a little mountain cottage. Extremely clean. It had everything we needed including television and there were wonderful amenities everywhere. Judy had put two large and yummy pastries on a plate for us for the morning. A basket of apples and bananas. There was yogurts, milk, candies and mini eclaires in the refrigerator. Very thoughtful indeed. The Queen bed in our room was very comfortable and the linens were so nice. Closets filled with extra pillows and blankets. We had everything we could need. I liked the bathroom which had a light in the big walk-in shower. Although this place was older, it was well kept and had lots of updates/restoration. We walked around the property and looked out over a nice patio area in the rear of the property to see a spectacular view. Judy and her husband spend a lot of time there. Judy highly recommended we see the falls in Yosemite which was only a 13 mile drive and since just two days before we were hit by a huge rain storm it was spectacular. We had a nice time there, it was just to short.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Judy was wonderful. Room 1 would be excellent. Room 2 would be OK> Room 3 is basically adjacent to the back porch and parking area. It has no view and the broken fountain and grown up arbor are all that is there.

I should have been more proactive and asked Judy about additional breakfast items as there was clearly not enough for the third morning, Don't expect an upgrade either. We were the only people there our last two days and we were left in the back.
It was private and quiet. The bed was a top-notch queen. It was extensively clean.

I feel conflicted writing this review. The price and experience in THIS room was marginal. I think room 1 would have been excellent. Oakhurst and Vulture's view are too far from Yosemite and absent the romantic experience, it was a loser!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bwana7
Vulturesnest, owner at Vulture's View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2009

Oakhurst is a popular destination for Yosemite travelers because is is only 14 miles form the southern gate. Generally, closer locations are more expensive and have limited services .Room 3 is our budget room. Bwana received a 20% discount for staying 3 nights. They could have upgraded but stated they were " traveling on a budget". Room 3 has a flagstone patio with grass and two patio tables. The fountain is not broken but turned off at night. The arbor provides shade from the summer heat. Room 2 with a view is $20.00 more per night.

Reviewed September 27, 2009

Really enjoyed our say there in Septmber when we visted Yosemite NP primarily. Found this bed and breakfast establishment via www,bedandbreakfast.com and was dead easy to book up for our stay there.

Situated just a short drive from the town of Clarkdale, we were amde to feel very welcome when we arrived. She provided excellent directions and pit stops on the drive over from Carmel to Clarkdale. Nothing was too much trouble for Judy, during our all too brief stay, who runs the enterprise with her husband. Her local knowledge is what made the diffrence - she advised us abbout Yosemite and what to see, in addition to recommending Bass Lake , which is a scenic delight.

Accommodation was fine , just like being at home and the bed is really comfortable. Nearby Clarkdale alos has some nice eating places and art galleries to boot.

Wild mule deer actually come in the gardens in the evening to browse and you can watchphoto them if quiet. View from patio area at the back over the valley is wonderful to look at during sunset.

Thanks again for great experience

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Stayed in Room 1 for 3 nights. The view is very nice particularly at sunset. We used the jacuzzi every night and was a warm/hot welcome after a whole day of hiking.

The B&B is about 40 minutes to an hour's drive depending on traffic to the park's south entrance. We didn't mind the drive much as it is close to dinner options in Oakhurst when the day is over. Staying inside the park would have meant camp food or eating at the Ahwahnee or Wawona.

The hostess, Judy is very helpful regarding trails and places to go and eat. We hiked up to Sentinel Dome and Glacier Point, checked out Maripose Grove for the giant sequoias and kayaked in Bass Lake. It was great!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple