Vulture's View Bed and Breakfast
$170
$150
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

Yosemite Sierra Inn(Oakhurst)
$169
$144
$179
$199
$179
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites(Oakhurst)(Great Value!)
$290
$272
$189
$209
Travelocity
Hounds Tooth Inn(Oakhurst)(Great Value!)
$170
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$545
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvultures viewhot tubbass lakeminute drivejudyparkyosemiteretreatcloset
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in early June. We stayed in room 1, we had a nice big hot tub just for ourselves, with total privacy. The sunsets from the hot tub are amazing. We spent 8 days in California (LA, SF, BIg Sur, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe) and loved it so much, Cali is so beautiful, but the best memories are the ones related to this place and the sunsets in the hot tub and the fireplace (real wood). About the sunsets: I read on the internet that one of the best places in Yosemite to watch the sunset is Glacier Point. We were tempted to do that as well, but than changed our minds when it got very cloudy up there and made it back to our loved hot tub just in time for the sunset and were very pleased. The sunset was amazing and I think people who stayed up in the mountains didn't get to see anything because of the clouds. I mean, the only clear sky was right by the sun, on the lower side of the sky. And than we realized how hard it would have been to drive down that road after dusk, with all the traffic and no light.. so glad we chose to leave earlier.
The location is great, very close to Yosemite, like a 30 min scenic drive, it is a peaceful quiet area, on a hill, with a great view. When getting there follow Judy's (the host) directions and not the Gps.
The room was very nice and clean, the bed very very comfortable. We had everything we needed: walk in closet, hangers, 2 vanities, nice shower, mini fridge and microwave, plates, forks, spoons, extra blankets and pillows, extra towels, even robes, everything. Judy was really nice. She gave us maps and all the info we asked for.
The only thing that could have been better is the breakfast. When we got there, we had 4 muffins and 4 bagels, 6 yogurts, butter, 1/2 gallon of milk, 1/2 gallon natural orange juice, a basket of fruit, coffee, tea, cereal,and 2 slices of cake, everything already in our room/fridge (I hope I am not forgetting anything). While they were delicious, my husband and I like to really eat for breakfast, so on our third(last) day we ended up eating mcdonals because we were out of everything. So it is not like at a hotel with a breakfast room, where you eat as much as you want each morning, what you find in the room when you arrive that is it for your entire stay. So, I would only give breakfast 3.5 stars out of 5. However, the stores are not far, 5-min driving, on the way to Yosemite, so you can get more bagels and stuff if you would prefer. Everything else 5 stars plus :)
One more thing: when we booked out room we were offered to buy a picnic as well, and we did. The reviews on the website were great. However, in our opinion, it is not worth the money. It was $30 for 2 people. We were asked what we wanted and we ordered black ham sandwich and tuna salad sandwich. Judy left us a big basket and a cooler in front of our room entrance, with the food, water, chips, sparkling juice and glasses, bread, cucumber salad, forks, napkins, ice, and also blankets. (thing that we appreciated and that previous guest appreciated too judging the reviews) .When we had out picnic we found the ham, but not the tuna salad that we had ordered..oh well..Judy must have forgotten to pack it, not on purpose I am sure. We ate at Glacier Point, and I didn't really enjoy it. We had to carry the basket and the cooler from the other side of the parking lot (parking is so difficult over there), put our ham sandwich together (no tuna like I said), and after that take the stuff back to the car (at least 5 min fast walk). My husband didn't mind so much cause he has more patience than me, but I hated it. We could have bought 2 sandwiches from the convenient store that is right there at Glacier point where you admire the view and take the pictures, and they would have been better (at least they looked great) and cheaper. This was a poor lunch, not enough food due to the tuna missing, and compared to the lunch we had the previous day (delicious and huge and not to expensive pizza at the pizza place at Curry Village) it was a bad experience.
But disregarding the picnic which was a side thing, our experience at Vulture's View was one of the best, I wish I could go back one day, and I wish I will find places just like this one for our future vacations...I mean.. Private hot tub on a deck, fireplace, everything clean and nice, nice view, quiet and peaceful.. amazing!

Room Tip: get room number 1 if available, it it the best!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I recently vacationed in Yosemite and spent two nights at Vulture's View Bed and Breakfast. We were in Room 3 which was more than adequate for our needs. We were warmly welcomed by Judi and Phil and immediately felt comfortable at our "home away from home." Judy was very friendly and helpful and provided us with a map of the area and some other information which familiarized us with Yosemite, and nearby Bass Lake and Oalkhurst. Our room was all made up when we arrived and was very clean. The amenities were nice with "all the comforts of home" and everything we could possibly need during our stay. We enjoyed the Continental breakfast very much.. It was nice to have a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave oven too.... all in the comfort oif our room.. The picnic lunch which Judy made was excellent! All in all, we wanted for nothing during our stay. Thank you so much Judy and Phil for your hospitality. We will definitely return on our next visit to Yosemite.

Room Tip: Very peaceful, serene and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed in room #1 Hot tub and more. She said it was 30 miles "TO THE FALLS" nearest falls was 52 miles away. Kept talking about her husband, never saw him. The "breakfast" was continental style left in our room. It was pastries bought from Ralph's and some fruit.

Called a competitor to apologize for my choice a few weeks later and she told me who it was. Judy needs the income to survive. The money is no big deal. The room was restful. Being exaggerated to, was unacceptable.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 961Jimbo
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Originally planned to stay only 2 nights but managed to get in a third. As per other reviews the views are fantastic and Judy is an excellent hostess. Very relaxed atmosphere a great place to visit and close to Yosemite Park

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I planned a trip to Yosemite and stayed in closeby Oakhurst, CA in the Vultures View. Once you get passed the name the possibilities proved charming and wonderful. The hosts of the Inn were delightful and went out of their way to please. The room we had was huge with a hot tub outside our door. Relaxing in the water jets and steam overlooking the valley below was just what we needed to top off our relaxing weekend.

A hidden gem, we will definitely be going again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple