“Lots of Very Good BBQ at a Good Price”
Review of Alice's Cookhouse - CLOSED

Alice's Cookhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Alice's Cookhouse serves Southern style BBQ and other specialties including Gumbo and Jambalaya in a homestyle setting. While dining enjoy a nice selection of Mammoth Brewery beers. Stop by and see us on your next visit to Yosemite.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly young woman who took the time to explain several of the menu choices. You order at the counter and they will bring your food to your table. There is an assortment of beers and wine, as well as soft drinks/iced tea to chose from.
I had a sampler plate with brisket, ribs and smoked turkey, with beans, potato salad and a special chili verde as sides. My wife ordered a chicken breast sandwich which came with fries.
On my sampler plate, there were 3 large slices of brisket, 4 ribs, and 3 thick slices of smoked turkey. 1) The brisket was great, fall-apart tender; 2) the ribs meaty, and while good, a little weak on the BBQ flavor; 3) you could smell/taste the smokey flavor of the turkey, but I thought it was the weakest item (but that could just be me, since smoked turkey has never been a favorite of mine). The beans and chili verde sides were home-made and excellent, the potato salad ordinary.
My wife's guacamole-chicken-swiss sandwich was large and very good. The fries were the "whole potato" type, with excellent flavor and consistency, and not over salted.
Servers stopped by several times to drop off extra napkins and ask if the food was satisfactory.
Prices were good, about $14 for the sampler, $10 for the chicken sandwich. Overall, an very good value for the huge amount of very good food, service was excellent and friendly.

1  Thank Mikequanca

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ate at Todd's several times during our stay in Oakhurst. Everything we had was amazing. The turkey, brisket, and pulled pork was all excellent. Try the potato salad!

1  Thank tam t
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Portions were big, and taste was run-of-the-mill. Friendly service. We ordered a combo with BBQ ribs and pulled pork.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Small place and I do not really like to have to order my food at a counter but the BBQ is outstanding. I had the brisket sandwich. Totally impressed. I wish we had a place like this near my home.!

1  Thank Shannon2012
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch today to try some barbecue and really enjoyed it. I loved the barbecue but the cole slaw was just ok. In general I'm not a big fan of cole slaw any way. Try this place, you'll like it if you like barbecue.