“Great pulled pork!”
Review of Alice's Cookhouse - CLOSED

Alice's Cookhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Alice's Cookhouse serves Southern style BBQ and other specialties including Gumbo and Jambalaya in a homestyle setting. While dining enjoy a nice selection of Mammoth Brewery beers. Stop by and see us on your next visit to Yosemite.
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch today to try some barbecue and really enjoyed it. I loved the barbecue but the cole slaw was just ok. In general I'm not a big fan of cole slaw any way. Try this place, you'll like it if you like barbecue.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We ate there twice and had ribs, gumbo, and pulled pork. Delicious. Very casual. Friendly staff. I would definitely go there again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here tonight. It was a good choice after spending the day on some trails. I didn't think the chicken was that great as it was just baked and had some vinigar based BBQ sauce on it. However the brisket was excellent. The chile was some of the best I have had. It's made with shreded beef instead of ground beef. It would make a great meal by itself. The potato salad was good also. My suggestion is to take a walk around and see what others are eating before you order. It will give you an idea of the portion size which is pretty large.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

After many hours on the road, we spotted Todd's on the way to Yosemite. A casual atmosphere where you order at the counter and find an open table...sounds like fast food, but not. Corner seating was very cozy and chairs rocky, but just a minor annoyance as we waited for the food.

No sign of meat in the chili so a bit bland, but the salad was very fresh and helped elevate the meal. Others tried the smoked sausage sandwich, the Memphis-styled pulled pork, and the Caesar salad....good portions and tasty. A decent place to relax and eat on any road trip....pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

If you're not looking for a fancy restaurant but still want good affordable food, Todd's barbecue on the way to Yosemite Valley in Oakhurst is the place to go. You order from the counter in this refurbished old house and the waiters will bring your food to the table where you're sitting. It's not fancy but its not overpriced and the ribs I ordered were great. My meal came with french fries and a large portion of coleslaw The French fries were just ordinary and there was no salt or pepper on the table where I sat, but the coleslaw and ribs were delicious. I would recommend Todd's if you want a nice hearty meal on your way to or coming back from Yosemite Valley. The waiters were polite, friendly and fast. While I was there, a continual stream of people, some with children, kept arriving. I should mention there is also a porch in front of the restaurant with tables set up so you may enjoy the nice weather while you have your meal.

1  Thank FunTripperGuy