“Soooo good!”
Review of Alice's Cookhouse - CLOSED

Alice's Cookhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Alice's Cookhouse serves Southern style BBQ and other specialties including Gumbo and Jambalaya in a homestyle setting. While dining enjoy a nice selection of Mammoth Brewery beers. Stop by and see us on your next visit to Yosemite.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant was such a find! The service is great, food comes right away (and we were hungry) and it's open late. The brisket was my favorite, followed by the pulled pork. The ribs were a little tough for me, but still delicious. The Co slaw was also really good and the beans were tasty. I recommend this restaurant for anyone who loves BBQ.

1  Thank Cara D

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice BBQ place. I liked the bbq chicken wings. And the fish and chips. Great service . There bbq souce was tasty. Very small lovely place

1  Thank Rona L
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Loved the hushpuppies and the great service. The cole slaw was some of the best I've had. Oddly, there were no choices of BBQ sauce - at least that I saw. The brisket was tender and delicious.

1  Thank BobZAtlanta_Ga
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Fun place for adults and kids. I didn't give it a 5 star because I didn't like the cole slaw or the chili, but they will gladly substitute something else if you ask. Loved the bread pudding and the Huckleberry ice cream. All kids got free ice cream with their meals, enough to share with the adults.

1  Thank Lynstur
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was a great little BBQ place that everyone in the family liked. Food was very good, and prices were reasonable. Service was excellent. My daughter left her purse and called an hour later to find that they were holding it for her. The place was crowded but there were enough tables for everyone. Food was served relatively quickly.