“No frills dining with great character and flavour”
Review of Alice's Cookhouse - CLOSED

Alice's Cookhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Alice's Cookhouse serves Southern style BBQ and other specialties including Gumbo and Jambalaya in a homestyle setting. While dining enjoy a nice selection of Mammoth Brewery beers. Stop by and see us on your next visit to Yosemite.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a homely, no-frills restaurant with great service and freshly cooked food. The fare is typical BBQ - ribs, steaks and burgers. Everything is served very quickly, and though it's on polystyrene plates it tastes excellent, is hot and fresh. We went there on the recommendation of our hostess at the Houndstooth Inn, and it was a good choice. It doesn't look like much from the outside, it doesn't have very efficient air conditioning and it's basic dining, but if all you want is a quick, casual meal with no pretensions, this is the place. Main courses for two and a couple of beers comes in at under $60. Don't dress up, don't expect fine dining or even tablecloths! If you want tasty, classic American BBQ food, this is the place.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Very fast service and friendly staff. A little on the pricey side but much cheaper than the park. The interior leaves a little to be desired but if you're a BBQ fan you'll enjoy their flavors.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We found Todd’s Barbeque through TripAdvisor. My daughter loves BBQ so this was a good choice for our one night in Oakhurst on our way to Yosemite.

They were out of a few menu items, which we were informed about as soon as we walked in. From the outside this looks like it is a very large place, but inside it is small and a bit rundown. Don’t let that fool you, the service and the food are great. I had the Santa Fe Salad, which was crisp and delicious. My daughter had the chicken plate and my husband got the jambalaya, which he proclaimed to be as god as what we got when we visited New Orleans. He said it was spicy, but not over done. We were too full from our meals to try dessert.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent range of menu choices, large portions and very tasty dishes. We tried pulled pork, brisket, and burgers. All good.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I can tell you that I usually don't love barbeque,too much sauce and too sweet for my tastes. Todds place was a different experience for me. All the meat was slow cooked tender and very flavorful. Not a lot if sauce on it but plenty available if you wanted more. My boyfriend had the pulled pork and I had a brisket melt, both excellent. Would highly recommend this restaurant if your in the area. Casual atmosphere