“Todds remided me of the South”
Review of Alice's Cookhouse - CLOSED

Alice's Cookhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Alice's Cookhouse serves Southern style BBQ and other specialties including Gumbo and Jambalaya in a homestyle setting. While dining enjoy a nice selection of Mammoth Brewery beers. Stop by and see us on your next visit to Yosemite.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is a gem. A lot like Memphis Style BBQ with a touch of Carolinas. Got a good T-Shirt from them also.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I am a local and this is the best food in town at any price. Small place, great staff and everything on the menu is excellent. Great daily specials! Never disappointed. Brisket is amazing, great jambalaya, wonderful catfish, gumbo is the best! Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I try to limit my visit to twice a week. I used to eat here almost everyday. So much so that they created an special sandwich for me called the "Billie Philly"! It's a chopped smoked chicken breast with grilled peppers and onions with melted cheese on a nice soft grilled roll smeared with chipotle mayo. Ask for it by name cause its not listed on menu but Ooh-La-La so damn good. Alice will know what you mean and if you get Todd working the grill it is even more awesome as he just has a great feel with food.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had pulled pork which was very good. Prices were reasonable for amount and quality of food. The atmosphere was casual and appropriate for the type of food. You order at the window and they deliver your food to your table. Service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food is excellent, meats are extremely tender & flavorful. Great value! My family & I go often, I also recommend to our guests (work at a local hotel).