“El Cid is a nice surprise”

El Cid Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Read about El Cid here and was not disapointed. We were heading into oakhurst to another mexican food place when we past El Cid. I change my mind and made a U. I was a little scepticle at first. Place was clean, a bit older but maintained. Service was a bit slow and needed reminding but not bad. Food was authentic, very tasty, and hot. Definety ate to much of the ample portions. Will return on our next visit.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

Ate at El Cid's on vacation last week. Good food, huge portions, very good service. Parking lot was busy everytime we passed by and I can see why.

Patio gave us a good view of numbers of finches flitting about the bird feeders.

Reviewed October 2, 2009

The food was fantastic, and the margarita's were the best. I definately recommend you visit El Cid when in Oakhurst! Our waitress was really good, we had a rather large group...we all loved the food and drinks!

Reviewed August 11, 2009

My family enjoyed dinner here one night while on vacation. A very causal, friendly restaurant. Nothing too fancy. The parking lot was full, but we got a table right away. The place was clean and had very nice bathrooms which were also very clean. I was quite impressed how the staff worked together to make sure we had excellent service. A waitress took our drink order while our waitress was helping other customers. Another man brought around the chips. Our basket wasn't even empty before he would have another ready with warm chips. I never had an empty water glass. The portions were generous and the food very good. We had enchiladas and burritos. I thought the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed June 22, 2009

My family has been there several times over the past 9 years. The food is always good, service is also good.....even when they are busy. Margaritas are excellent.....I can taste the tequila!

Been to El Cid Mexican Cuisine? Share your experiences!