“Magnificent margaritas”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2009

The food was fantastic, and the margarita's were the best. I definately recommend you visit El Cid when in Oakhurst! Our waitress was really good, we had a rather large group...we all loved the food and drinks!

Reviewed August 11, 2009

My family enjoyed dinner here one night while on vacation. A very causal, friendly restaurant. Nothing too fancy. The parking lot was full, but we got a table right away. The place was clean and had very nice bathrooms which were also very clean. I was quite impressed how the staff worked together to make sure we had excellent service. A waitress took our drink order while our waitress was helping other customers. Another man brought around the chips. Our basket wasn't even empty before he would have another ready with warm chips. I never had an empty water glass. The portions were generous and the food very good. We had enchiladas and burritos. I thought the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed June 22, 2009

My family has been there several times over the past 9 years. The food is always good, service is also good.....even when they are busy. Margaritas are excellent.....I can taste the tequila!

Reviewed June 15, 2009

We were in town for a wedding and our hostess at Ravensbrook Bed & Breakfast highly recommended us to try Cid's. We were thoroughly impressed with the quick service, and excellently mixed drinks. I had the strawberry margarita and it was YUM! :) The chips had a delicious seasoning on them and the dinner plates were plentiful. I would recommend the Chili Rellano and Cheese Enchilada.

Reviewed June 8, 2009

- This restaurant is very noisy -- a popular place for the locals to guzzle beer. We almost couldn't park in the lot, as it was filled with pickup trucks.
- The service was slow. The waitress was more interested in the local guys than the customers.
- We had salads with our dinner, consisting of lettuce that was drenched with bottled dressing.
- Our dinners were really greasy and bland. We used the salsa that came with the chips to flavor the food.

We have eaten in a lot of Mexican restaurants -- this was a poor overall experience. We couldn't get out of this place fast enough -- frankly, I am surprised at the positive ratings for this restaurant.