“Large portions and good wifi”

El Cid Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

After spending Many days in the woods near overpriced bad restaurants and no internet or phone service, I was very surprised at the quality of El Cid. The wifi worked perfectly and the food was tasty. The portion sizes were HUGE! HUGE! The service was pretty good. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The first time was so good, we went back for our last night in town. The second trip was a bit disappointing, but the first trip was incredible. The excellent food choices are (in my opinion) as follows. The chile verde was terrific. Big chunks of green chiles and pork, with just enough heat. I got the full meal, which included a cup of the albondigas soup--kind of a meatball vegetable soup. I thought it was great. My husband ordered the bowl on trip two as his main meal. The enchirita was also very tasty. Both dishes came with the usual rice and beans. They make a mean skinny margarita, which packed a nice punch. We loved the salsa, which was not too hot and very fresh--and they brought us a free refill of chips and salsa. On the second trip we also had chicken fajitas, which were okay, but nothing special, and the carnitas. I love carnitas, but not so much these. They were just chunks of pork with little flavor. I'd skip those unless they change the recipe. They make a great skinny margarita. If you're lucky enough to sit on the porch, enjoy. We watched hummingbirds and songbirds feeding in the early evening. Don't let the full parking lot scare you away, it's a big place and we didn't have a wait either time.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during a visit to Yosemite. There's a reason the parking lot outside is always bustling: killer margaritas, delicious food (big portions), nice service. The enclosed porch overlooking the cactus garden is an added plus. A great spot to relax in after hiking Yosemite.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We decided to travel down the mountain to Oakhurst and find a restaurant. While getting gas, the attendant recommended El Cids. It was not very tasty. It did not agree with my husband's stomach at all. I would not recommend.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I loved the food, atmosphere and the people. The chili verde was one of the top two I have ever had. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting El Cid. I also thought it was nice that the owner was going from table to table talking to people that he knew and to strangers like us.