“Don't like spicy foods”

El Cid Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakhurst, California
“Don't like spicy foods”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I don't like spicy food but my husband does, so El Cid's satisfies of both. He can have the mixed plate of all things Mexician and I can have the tostada bowl without refried beans and only a hint of spice in the chicken or meat. We both think our choices are the best! Family owned - clean and very friendly. Reasonable prices and often really busy - a great place for families.

Visited January 2013

• Czech first
Oakhurst, California
“Best Mexican food in Oakhurst!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Best Mexican food in Oakhurst! Our Favorite Restaurant in Oakhurst! Great service! Great atmosphere!

Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“Just average”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Dined here 2 times. First time we had lunch and a couple of Margaritas. Wife had the Taco plate and I had the Carnitas plate. All was good and I was impressed with the flavor of the carnitas as the waiter recommended. Great salsa & chips to. We were scouting this for a dinner later in the week with our guests in town for our wedding.

The dinner for our group of 12 was very underwhelming. Had problems with the reservation on a Friday night. Service was pretty good but seating was crammed in a corner of the dining room. Oh well I understand, but there is no excuse for the less than quality food. The Carnitas were very saucy and grossly over-seasoned with salt. I recommended this dish to 2 of my guests and all agreed about that. There was no other issues that came to my attention. I was just an average dinner. I would and will eat here when I get back up there next month. Hopefully with a better report.

• Visited December 2012
Thayne, Wyoming
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My parents live nearby and are regulars at El Cid's. Whenever we are in town, we usually go there at least once. We were just there and went just after Christmas. The place was packed and we did have to wait, but the hostess, waitstaff and the owner, Tony, dealt with the crowd in a very smiling, friendly and professional way. When we were seated, our order was taken quickly and our order came promptly. The food is good and the service is super.

• Visited December 2012
Coarsegold, California
“Disappointing dining in Oakhurst”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

El Cid used to be our go to place for great mexican food. Tony, the owner, is a super guy and made sure everything was just perfect. In the past year, everything has been slipping. Service is absolutely terrible. As an example, our party of four was one of only two tables occupied on a Sunday mid morning. We waited and waited for service while the wait staff milled around chatting. Tony arrived and presto our waitress came over to get our order. Every single one of the four orders came out wrong. She couldn't remember who got what, and when we pointed out the cooking errors, for example the country potatoes were RAW on two plates, she just smiled. No offer to fix the food, no apology, just back to chatting with her buddies. Tony had left by this time. This is just one example, but it was the final stra for us. We aren't paying for anymore bad meals, watered down margaritas and horrid service, there are too many other really nice spots to eat in Oakhurst! I guess El Cid doesn't worry about local loyalty anymore since they are in a prime spot on Hwy 41 and will continue to make bank off one time tourist business.

Visited August 2012

Been to El Cid Mexican Cuisine? Share your experiences!