“Disappointing dining in Oakhurst”

El Cid Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

El Cid used to be our go to place for great mexican food. Tony, the owner, is a super guy and made sure everything was just perfect. In the past year, everything has been slipping. Service is absolutely terrible. As an example, our party of four was one of only two tables occupied on a Sunday mid morning. We waited and waited for service while the wait staff milled around chatting. Tony arrived and presto our waitress came over to get our order. Every single one of the four orders came out wrong. She couldn't remember who got what, and when we pointed out the cooking errors, for example the country potatoes were RAW on two plates, she just smiled. No offer to fix the food, no apology, just back to chatting with her buddies. Tony had left by this time. This is just one example, but it was the final stra for us. We aren't paying for anymore bad meals, watered down margaritas and horrid service, there are too many other really nice spots to eat in Oakhurst! I guess El Cid doesn't worry about local loyalty anymore since they are in a prime spot on Hwy 41 and will continue to make bank off one time tourist business.

There are newer reviews for El Cid Mexican Cuisine

Reviewed December 31, 2012

El Cid used to be a very good restaurant. It had the best Albondigas I ever tasted outside of my mom's kitchen. Wow have things changed!! It had been several years since my last visit and I was craving the Albondigas. Worst rendition I had ever tasted! To call it bland would be kind. The beans and rice were flavorless and as for the tamales, it was difficult to tell if they were pork or beef. Even the "Pico de gallo"(salsa) was bad. The best thing on the menu were the chips. I hope they were just having a bad day but I won't be back soon

Reviewed December 27, 2012

All four of us loved the food at El Cid. The restaurant was packed and we couldn't believe the wait was only 15 minutes. The service is superb. Water glasses are constantly filled, dishes cleared and refills without asking. Wish we had an El Cid in our city. Dine here, you will love it!

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

New to town decided to try El CID for the first time. It's very good and taste authentic. The menu however; seems to repeat itself just different names. Had 2 margaritas because they said there margarita were best in town. There were really strong but not good. I will go again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I live in the area and have been here several times. Twice I have gotten sick from the food and the other times it has been uninspired. Not the best place in town.

Been to El Cid Mexican Cuisine? Share your experiences!