“Beautiful, excellent service ...but ask for three course dinner ”

Erna's Elderberry House
Reserve with OpenTable
Erna's Elderberry House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 41
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a private room for the six of us. The room was beautiful and the service excellent. The five course pre-fix dinner was able to be modified to accommodate personal preferences, but we would have loved to have been told there was a three course option. Dinner for six was $1000 ... And way too many courses and too much food....and wine / alcohol was not a big portion of the bill
Definitely the best restaurant in Oakhurst....have dessert on the patio

2  Thank Barb R

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Great meal ..... Absolutely delicious. You can read about how great with the other reviews. I will spend my brief review saying that I was traveling with our two children from Philadelphia. My wife and I are foodies and have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants worldwide. We were not going to pass up a meal at Erna's even with two kids in tow to Yosemite. The staff was most welcoming and tolerant of the children. My wife and I are most appreciative. Now mind you that our children are very very well behaved and you will for forking over a pretty penny for them. However, whether you are with family or as a couple .... DO NOT MISS this GEM on the rural ride to Yosemite. p.s. Dessert on the terrace was delightful and stands out as one of the lasting memories of our road trip !

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Beautiful restaurant, with Erna greeting and chatting with each guest. Pre-fixe menu was very pricey but a la carte selections were possible. And wine prices seemed a bit over the top. Food and service were excellent.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Every one "raves" about Erna's....Why? First thing..campaign with elderberry juice. I don't drink..Not everyone does. Second. You don't get a choice of many entrees on a Prix fixed dinner Or...you can have a steak...I can't eat beef, The courses were many and varied. But mostly not to my liking. I had the free range chicken that was very moist and tasty.

I worked at a hotel in Oakhurst and made dinner reservations for Erna's for guests. They would just go on, and on...Really...WHY would you want to eat a quail egg? For the most part guest said dinner was good, but tiny portions. And they are, but many courses so that should not be a problem.

The dinner alone is well over $100 per person, not counting wine, tax, and tip. If you have more money than sense..go for it. But for us common folk with ordinary lives...you can find much better ways to go out and enjoy a nice dinner.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Once at Chateau du Sureau, you don't want to leave, so make dinner reservations, you will be so glad you did.

Loved Erna's Elderberry House. As soon as we were seated on the patio, menu's of the night's offerings was delivered to our table. As we opened the menu, we noticed they were personalized with our names, that is a special touch and excellent service.

The menu is offered in 5 courses and they had two choices that were not on the menu to accommodate any special dietary needs or diets. You are free to have all 5 courses or have just what you want, they are very flexible.

We started with a bottle of wine from the extensive wine list. We had a lovely Meritage from South Africa, the perfect start to a perfect meal. We each had a first course, main dish and finished with an incredible dessert.

Erna was at the restaurant and came around to each table and talked to the diners and guests, what a delightful woman.

I can honestly say, this was one of the best meals we have ever had, the service was excellent and we were very well taken care of.

Plan on dressing nice for dinner. Some were in nice jeans, but you will be more comfortable if you have a nice sundress in the summer for women and slacks and a collared shirt for the men. Some men were in jackets also, just no shorts, flip flops, and casual attire.

The meal will set you back a few bucks, it isn't inexpensive, but so worth every penny. Great for a special celebration.

2  Thank beetrvln