“I don't drink beer, but the food is terrific!”

Southgate Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Oakhurst
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Although I am not a beer-drinker and cannot personally assess the quality of the brews, I certainly recommend the food at Southgate. The pizzas are delicious, the Diestel turkey burgers are outstanding, and the various specials are usually very inventive and tasty. The acoustics in the restaurant make it less than conducive to intimate conversation, but the atmosphere is fun and comfortable. Some of the best food available in Oakhurst and the surrounding area.

All reviews
"wait service"
"artichoke hearts"
"variety of choices"

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food selection here is really really good! I am vegetarian and I love that there are so many options for me. They don't just offer the typical steamed veggies or salad, they offer a yummy veggie sandwich, soups, veggie burger, and the menu changes so there is always something good to try. The brews are very good and very reasonable. If you sit in the front, there is a nice view of the mountains, too!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We love to stop at breweries whenever we're out of town. This place has become one of our top 5. The staff were super friendly and helpful in choosing the right beer for your taste. The relaxed atmosphere is welcoming for families as well as couples looking for a relaxed night out. And the pizzas are quite tasty. I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Best black bean burger I've ever had. I've been craving it for months, hope we get to go back sometime!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We really loved Southgate! They have a great selection of beers that they brew in-house, as well as a fantastic selection of local wines (both of the Idle Hour selections were sooo good!!). The food was delicious as well... I had a salad & pizza and my husband had a burger. We enjoyed everything. Definitely looking forward to a return visit the next time we are at Yosemite.