“Casual dining with great food and brews”

South Gate Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Toronto
“Casual dining with great food and brews”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is a very small place and can fill up very quickly. You place the order at the front and they bring the food to your table (once you find one which can mean a wait). We almost left the place because we had to wait for a table. I am glad we stayed. The food was awesome and their in-house beer was very good - the fact that they offered us samples of the beer helped us decide. I had a fig, arugula and goat cheese Pizza special and it was amazing. Their brownie with ice cream was so delicious! Staff is friendly as well and service is very efficient. Oakhurst does not seem to abound with great dining options from the few meals we had there, so this one definitely is a must-visit if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank SMP1212

• Turkish first
san francisco, ca
“A winner!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

So glad I heard about this place before my recent visit to Oakhurst. The beers are good with a broad selection (both in-house and "guest" brews). The staff is very nice, very friendly and helpful (they offer sample tastes of the beers before you make your selection without your having to ask). The food I had was great, and looking at other dishes and hearing comments others diners made, my experience seems to be typical. Portions are very generous. I had one of the specials (on the blackboard, not the menu) - mac and cheese with onions, mushrooms and bacon. Yum! And the soup du jour - clam chowder (New England, not Manhattan). Double Yum! When's the last time (unless you made it yourself) that you had clam chowder that actually had more clam in it than potato? A most unexpected treat to have such a delightful dining experience in a remote tourist town of this size, where the norm seems to be bland, middle-of-the road, white-bread, whatever you want to call it.

• Visited June 2014
Springdale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good food, small space”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had six adults and one infant for dinner on a Tuesday night at the South Gate Brewing Company. It is small and seating is quite limited. We ended up in the back room where you can sit with the sun and breeze coming through partially open garage doors. We had no problem sitting in this expanded seating area, however there were folks setting up for karaoke on this particular Tuesday. Because the space is so small, they had their equipment on the eating areas (think of bar seating up against the wall). We felt like we had to guard where we were going to eat, and guard our chairs, or else they might be taken away.

Everyone enjoyed their meals. The food was fresh and cooked well and reasonably priced. The only beer consumed by our party was the Honey Badger Wheat Ale. It was okay; I've had better, I've had worse. If we had more time there, I would have sampled more. We would go back again to give it another shot.

• Visited June 2014
SF Bay Area
“Tasty”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by locals and we completely agree that it's a great place to go! Good food, large portions and friendly staff. I'm not so much of a beer drinker but I do like to try it when at a brew pub, so they let me taste a couple a few to help me find one I liked ... then I had two!

• Visited May 2014
Wentzville, Missouri
“Good FOOD”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We like to go to MicroBrewery so this was right up our alley. The staff was very friendly, good food & a pleasant experience. What more can you ask for.

Visited May 2014