“A Top-Notch Beer Gourmet's Spot”

South Gate Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Tall $5 glasses of all shades of locally brewed beer (plus some that are not local). Large gourmet burgers and pizzas cooked in open-flame oven. They also serve a good-looking fish & chips plate. Order at the counter and food will be delivered to your table.

My 87-yr.-old mother each downed a beer and shared one of the days specials -- the Pesto-Turkey Burger -- which is just as it sounds -- ground turkey with pesto sauce and lots of trimmings -- including deep-fried artichoke hearts! I have not yet tried the pizzas, but those of you thick-crust lovers need not apply. The crusts on all pizzas I saw were thin and crispy-looking. I will definitely be back -- both to sample another beer and try another imaginative burger.

P.S. I'll admit I had to help my mother with her beer :-)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stumbled on this place while making our trip to Yosemite, and we weren't disappointed. The food was amazing, and the craft beers were awesome. I would definitely go back if I was ever in the area.

The only thing is that the place is small, so it can get crowded.

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Dinner here is very casual and a bit noisy. You order and pay at the bar, but a pleasant server brings your food. The menu selections are typical for a brew-pub which is why we ate there. Our fish and chips and shepherds pie was good.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were here on the Saturday night of a holiday weekend and the word was out! It was very crowded, in fact the front counter staff were turning people away because there was no seating. Luckily we scored a place in the back at the bar stools before ordering our food. Plus it was MUCH cooler in the back and a more comfortable, quiet atmosphere. There were multiple TV's which I was not too happy about but it is a brewery after all.
We shared a pesto pizza and a salad. They were both quite good. Much better than other brewery food I have had in the past. The on site draft beers were also appealing. I would return if I was to spend another night in Oakhurst.

1  Thank SCagray
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

It started off looking promising, the onion rings were great. The root beer they make was not to my liking. The fish tacos were not good. Rubios has nothing to worry about. Now maybe the other food is better. I used recommendations on TA to make my choice. Worth a try.

1  Thank 66dude