“We have a Movie Hosue” 3 of 5 bubbles

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“We have a Movie Hosue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Met was able to reopen with the help of the community -- they are working at updating the inside as money allows -- We do have a movie house that show current movies and they are working to get more contracts with distributors so all will be available -- its a good place to go to spend a few hours relaxing

Visited June 2014

California
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Awesome Small Town Theater”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Met is a great theater nestled in the Sierra Nevadas, letting locals and tourists alike enjoy a movie on the big screen. While they do have a membership system, you can still pop in for one day and enjoy the movies for only a buck or two more than if you and your friends went to the next closest theater an hour away. In addition, their food is priced less expensively than those big chain theaters, their popcorn is fresh, and they use REAL butter (yes, I asked). When you factor in all the costs (admittance, popcorn and drinks, not to mention the gas to get to/from the next closest theater), you're actually saving money catching a movie here. Not to mention the fact that at a small-town theater, you get friendly, small-town service.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank ChrisNMellB
Livermore, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Keeping the Tourists Away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

The best movie theater in the area was the one at Bass Lake - remember the tree growing in the middle of it? And the stairs so steep you just knew you were going to take a header down them? (Yeah, that is how long we have been visiting the area). But that closed down so when we were in the area we ended up driving into Oakhurst to go to the Met. It was great - so cheap!! Small theaters - uncomfortable seats - but the popcorn was good (ok, they didn't serve coke ;-() but the prices! Couldn't be beat! Best way to spend a rainy vacation day or an evening doing more than just sitting around looking at the stars.

Well, you cant maintain a theater by being the cheapest in the state. And apparently they were about to go under until the rallied all the residents and turned it into a "members only" theater.

Have you ever heard of that? Nope, me either. And didn't think a thing about it until we tried to go see a movie Saturday night. We were only up there for 3 nights and would only be going to the movies one night.

Well, IF we had gone - without any popcorn/candy/drinks it would have cost up at least $23 or more for 2 people (thank goodness this wasn't back in the day when we had 4 kids with us - I shudder to think what that would have been). We would have had to buy a "one day membership" for $16 and then a guest ticket for at least $7. REALLY?????? And I thought the movie prices where I live are outrageous!

Needless to say we said thanks anyway and walked out - went back to our B&B room and watched TV....

I think it is great that the theater was saved - and I think the deal is awesome if live in the area and will go to more than one show......but at that price - you just don't value your short time visitors to the area do you! I really encourage you to think of another way to entice the tourists (that your town so desperately needs) to come to your theater.

Visited May 2014
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great place to spend a few hours.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We have lived here for 15 years
And when they almost closed, we became Movie Heroes. Great concept, for $57 a month my family of 4 can see as many movies as we want .

Clovis, California
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Saving a classic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I moved to the area right before they closed their doors....... Shortly after they started the "Met Heroes" program and I quickly signed up......

Since having the Met card I go to practically every new and classic movie they show. The staff is friendly. Although the theater is older it works for me. It's fun to meet up with my friends and watching a good movie in the comfort of my town vs driving an hour away!

So glad that we had a second chance to make the Met work!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mryme

Been to Met Cinema? Share your experiences!