We stayed for 2 nights Oct 23/24, 2012 in order to visit Yosemite/Sierra Mtns.
- Location: The Haus is about 15min away from the southern entrance and was very actually very easy to find (even in the dark).
- Host: Eddie Rainwater is about the nicest person you will ever run into. He gave us great tips to help plan traveling and knows all the attractions that are off the beaten path (eg: swimming holes etc etc)
- Amenities: Although listed as a B&B, this is technically not one as Evergreen Haus does not serve breakfast BUT the plus side is that you can use the fully equipped kitchen to cook whatever you like for breakfast/lunch/dinner which is hugely convenient; by regulation, regular B&B's aren't allowed to give guests access to anything more than coffee maker and fridge. The cupboards are filled with various dry goods (cereals, pancake mixes, coffee, peanut butter, popcorn etc) and fridge has condiments/jams and frozen waffles. Kitchen access aside, there are 2 rooms in the inn, both with private baths and new furniture including enourmous, comfortable beds and big closets. The overall build/decor of the inn is what I imagine Paul Bunyon would also rate as 5/5 stars - exposed wood beams, wood floors, high ceilings, big leather couches, fire place, wood deck, grill on the deck, deer and bear on the 2 acres of wooded grounds etc.
- Cost: definitely worth the listed price, way better than any hotel deal
Bonus: there is Verizon cell phone reception in Oakhurst, we drove through Mariposa and did not have reception the entire time...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yosemite / Sierra's Evergreen Haus. Beautiful custom built cabin with outstanding mountain views of the Sierras. Yosemite, Bass Lake, Sierra National Forest, & Oakhurst are all only minutes away. ... more less