“it was "ok"”

Ranked #9 of 10 Oakhurst B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“it was "ok"”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Owners were nice and accomodating as we arrived. Had slight problem finding our reservation, asked a few times when we made the reservation...how long were we staying etc (all info was in the reservation). Showed us the room before any transactions took place, oddly even offered that we could pick another room if we wanted. When I was ready to pay for the stay they seemed a little thrown that I wanted to take care of it first? The hosts...Anita was very nice and a pleasure to speak with, but her son Greg, appeared to be a bit too intrusive in conversation and odd---creepy. Breakfast says 9-1030 yet when we appeared at 10 for breakfast it seemed to put a wrench in things since we didnt arrive at 9 with all other guests. Had electrical issues in the room and they didnt understand what it could be lights would work then they wouldnt. "Jacuzzi Room in #5" isn't exactly what it appears. When checking out they didnt recall that we had already paid, good thing I had the receipt. All in all, if there's another place to camp, you'd be better off.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rdy2Trvl89

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed July 13, 2011

What you read is not what you get. We arrived well after the check in time only to find the room not completely ready, but we accepted it because of the long day's activities. As we wandered the grounds, it was apparent that tidiness wasn't part of the ambiance. Much of the outdoor furniture was dilapidated and in much needed repair. My wife noticed the several piles of cat feces scattered around the top yard and became an unfortunate victim. As for breakfast, we were quite surprised by the unsanitary condition of the kitchen as indicated by the numerous flies in the serving area. As for the hosts, Anita was very nice and a pleasure to speak with, but her son Greg, appeared to be a bit too intrusive in conversation and odd---creepy. All in all, if there's another place to camp, you'd be better off.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Travellinggypsy77

Travelers are raving about these Oakhurst hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I loved this place, very comfortable and quaint. A nice homey feel. The jacuzzi in the room was great!! We stayed in room #7, it was decorated with an antique armoire and had beautiful french doors that led out to a private sitting area surrounded by roses. The room, being downstairs had natural air conditioning and it's own little private parking area right in front!! I felt like I was staying with family, and I will definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Threadbare linens, filthy microwave and frig, trailer park look to the outside! No redeeming qualities! National Park Reservation service should not be associated in reserving for this property!

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank Dsq998
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We arrived on Friday in June for a 2day stay. Found it very quiet and comfortable, rates are reasonable, and not far from Chuckansi casino and Bass Lake. Spent Friday night winning at the casino and then jumped into the Jacuzzi at the exact temperature (104). But the breakfast is all fresh and home cooked heavenly tasting awesomeness. The owners have been here for 20 years and know how to make it right. You will not regret staying here.

Room Tip: Call ahead to get the best size room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Menifee, California
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This place was extremely cozy. Mother and son were very welcoming and place had a very homey feeling. My wife and I both slept very comfortable and really couldn't ask for a better place. The Jacuzzi was amazing after a long night of gambling. They were very open to housing our pets since they go everywhere with us. And the room was clean and tidy. It had its own kitchen for my wife and I to cook throughout the day. I honestly don't think all the negative reviews are from people who actually stayed here there was nothing negative about our stay here. This place had for an amazing vacation for my wife my dogs and myself would definitely be going back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here on New Years eve. It is very close to The Pines Resort in Bass Lake. The owner was very hospitable and provided a warm greeting. We were very pleased with the room and loved the jacuzzi tub. We didn't stay very long, but seems like a very nice place for a couple to get away for a few days. We happened to leave our bag and they took it upon themselves to contact a family member of ours.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,725 reviews

Been to Pine Rose Inn? Share your experiences!