“Cozy home-style meal”

Add it.
The Produce Place
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I took many trips this past summer throughout Northern California on our Triumph Tiger motorcycle. I am a plant-based eater, so I often have to search ahead of time for restaurants that will serve more than just a green salad. This is a store-front restaurant located on a busy street heading into main Oakhurst. They close at 6:00 p.m., so get there for a late lunch or early dinner. We arrived at 5:30 p.m, but we were given plenty of time and did not feel rushed. My first impression was positive; a friendly greeting from the chef/owner as she is busy putting out hot pots of soup and chili, her daughters doing homework on a back table, along with their dad reading the newspaper. It is a large space with many mis-matched dining room tables and chairs; most of the tables seat six people. The food is simple: sandwiches, soups, and salad. The best deal is the all-you-can eat salad bar and soup for under $10. My choice was the ribboleta soup (vegan Italian vegetable) and two trips to the fully-loaded salad bar. My husband had two bowls of chili and a plate of prepared salads such as potato, coleslaw and macaroni. We were very satisfied and full when we finished. So much so, that we chose to come back a second night instead of visiting the nearby casino buffet!

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The owners are wonderful and do a great job. The eating area is large and they can accommodate lots of people during lunch. Great job Kandi. Free WiFi too.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

They offer a great soup, salad and potato bar, as well as design-your-own sandwiches! The staff are very friendly, and overall it is a great value!! We look forward to returning again.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I love the salad, soup and potato bar at Produce Place. The soups are always fresh and made that day, and each time I have been there at least one vegetarian option is offered. The potato bar is such a nice addition to a salad bar! The potatoes are baked in foil wrappers with onions, delish. The salad bar has a really nice selection of greens, veggies and extras like trail mix, nuts and fruit to make a really super salad. I have never been disappointed here. My other half likes the sandwiches which are huge and piled with meat and cheese.

1  Thank Susan1004
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Yosemite for lunch. It's a casual restaurant that has a huge salad bar, potato bar, soup bar, and sandwiches. Prices were low, service was friendly and we were so excited to find such a yummy place. It's off of the main road but worth looking for on your way to and from Yosemite.

1  Thank jwmidwife