“Had my share of Chinese food but far this is the worst.”
Review of Taste of China

Taste of China
Ranked #34 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Chinese
“Had my share of Chinese food but far this is the worst.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We ordered to go but the food was awful. No taste the noodles were just soggy and no flavor. I would avoid this place all together.

Oakhurst, California
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My family and I just moved here from LA 2 months ago and by far we have tried all the Asian restaurants in town but this is the only one we'd would go back to. We love there food and service.

• Visited November 2012
Pittsburg, California, United States
“Taste of China, not so tasty”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stopped at Taste of China in Oakhurst, CA yesterday after deciding to try something new in town. Boy did we make a big mistake. The food was bad and so was the service. I love Chinese food because of the great flavor and often healthier choices of choose from. We ordered their dinner plates, that came with rice, chow main, egg roll, and entre. I ordered shrimp with vegetables and my fiancé ordered walnut shrimp, and an order of steamed vegetables......here is the interesting part.....

My platter came up with the platter of vegetables. Both my shrimp and vegetables and the platter of vegetables were drenched in a starch sauce and the vegetables were over cooked. We spoke to the server (owners daughter) and explained that we asked for steamed vegetables, and didn't want sauce. She got a bit agitated and offered to take it and rinse the sauce off of the vegetables and bring them back (that was word for word). Needless to say we were taken back by this. We said no thanks, and at that point we just wanted to hurry up and eat what we could and get out of there.

As I started to fork through my food, I saw large pieces and slimy translucent globes throughout my shrimp and vegetable dish. I picked 4-5 pieces of this slimy stuff out and placed them on the side of my plate, and then called the server over again to ask her what these things were.....that was a huge mistake. She got ever more agitated and again offered to go rinse my food off, recook it and bring it back to me. At this point I was not going to eat one bite of the food. I told her, I wasn't going to eat it and couldn't believe she would offer a customer to rinse off their food as a solution, this is not a technique I have ever heard of any decent restaurant doing.

We paid for the food, at that point the service gave us grieve for not liking the food and having the nerve to say something about it. We will never eat at this establishment again when we visit Oakhurst.

In short, the food was over cooked, prepared unsatisfactory and the service was awful. I will post picture of my food once I get back home.

1 Thank Aim6972
San Antonio, TX
“Very good Chinese food!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stopped by for an early dinner before resting up for a trip into Yosemite. The menu is quite large, but being a vegetarian means my options are often limited. They had several vegetarian options to choose from (and the egg rolls are meatless), so I went with the vegetarian delight. Surprisingly delicious! The veggies (carrots, zucchini, cabbage, broccoli, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts) were sort of broiled rather than stir fried. The sauce was amazingly light but very flavorful and the veggies alone would have made a great meal, but I decided to add the veggie fried rice. The two items together were so freakin' good. The service was quick and friendly, and yes, it is a family run place so there are many family members running around, but it only adds to the atmosphere. Clean, convenient (right by Von's market so you can pick up supplies for the park), and friendly staff. Prices were reasonable, too.

1 Thank Photoj7
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Genuinely the worst meal I can remember”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Not wishing to be sensationalist - the title really is the truth. We ordered one of the set menus, and to be fair, the soup and starters were OK. The mains, though, were really not good at all.

Firstly, the portions were so large as to be off-putting. The chow mien my girlfriend had was a bathtub full of greasy noodles with some tiny bits of chicken thrown in, and a couple of specks of cabbage - nothing else. I had a Szechuan pork thing, which was edible. It was just about warm enough to not warrant a complaint, but it wasn't very tasty.

The service was fine, and the staff were friendly enough. It's just that the food was a huge let-down.

Judging by some of the good reviews on here, we may both have just been unlucky with what we ordered or the day we turned up. But I can only review it based on my personal experience, which was that it really was the worst food I've had in a restaurant, ever.

1 Thank TomHicks