“Good Chinese Food”
Review of Jade Gazebo - CLOSED

Jade Gazebo
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stopped here during our road trip. If you're craving Chinese/asian food, I think this is a good choice. Food was tasty - we ordered chicken w/ broccoli, chicken fried rice and a beef meal. All tastes good. Affordable and service is very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Jade Gazebo

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Jade Gazebo has had a tough year. It's food remains really, really good. Maybe even better than when it opened a bit over a year ago; and it was exceptional at the outset., The Jade's menu promises are fulfilled virtually always.; The sad news is that it's former reputation as a don't-go- there=to-eat still sticks in local minds. Proof that a bad reputation is tough to repair. BUT the Jade is what it is...a tiny Chinese restaurant, with "new ownership", with faint charm, really good food at too low prices. There's no real competition locally, so try it (again?).

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The place was small and tight. The menu seemed elaborate but the items were more or less same with different names.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

All of the food here is awesome. The restaurant was well kept and service was very good. The food was great, but the biscuits leave a lot to be desired. You need to go here if you have the opportunity.The prices are pretty good... the desserts are excellent as well so it is wise to save room...

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am seeing some raving reviews of this restaurant, and I am guessing that my recent visit was during an "off" night? I am assuming the man who seated us was the owner, who was very friendly and attentive. During our visit, only one other couple came in. They asked him how business was doing and he said very slow. He seemed very dejected about any prospects for a successful venture there in Oakhurst. I wish him well.

As far as the food goes, I asked about the shrimp chow mein (it's what I ordered) because I wanted to know if there was a fair amount of vegetables in it. He said, "Not very many" so I asked for extra veggies, which was an extra fee I didn't mind paying. But I bet there were only two bean sprouts in the dish! There was a lot of broccoli and carrots, neither are favorites of mine. The shrimp in the chow mein were somewhat undercooked and squishy (as they are in many restaurants) and they had an unpleasant iodine taste to them. I guess chefs are so concerned with not overcooking shrimp, they all too often undercook them, which I can't stand.

I would say the food is average at best. The rice was not good, though and maybe had been reheated a few times. But service was friendly. Very small space there. The restroom was really really old, as was the entire building. I honestly was surprised the toilet even flushed. It needs remodeling really bad. The plumbing and fixtures must be well over 60 years old. Prices for meals were all right -- nothing too expensive.