“love the food here”

Woody's New Orleans West
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: You wouldn't expect to run across the bigger than life flavors of New Orleans in a little mountain town just south of Yosemite National Park, but that's exactly what you'll find at Woody's New Orleans West in Oakhurst, CA. Woody himself is in the kitchen dishing up New Orleans favorites like Jambalaya and Etouffee, all set against the backdrop of the Sierras. Along with traditional New Orleans favorites Woody serves some special creations of his own, drawing from his exposure to cuisines from all over the world. Unique dishes like the Spicy Crawfish Balls and Mardi Gras Pasta have Yosemite locals coming back for more. Woody's New Orleans West offers the best of all worlds: Southern food with a global flair, sophisticated cuisine in a mom-and-pop atmosphere where you'll really become one of the family. Take a couple minutes to look over our menu and get ready to travel into the heart of the South while in the mountains just outside of Yosemite.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My boyfriend loves jambalaya so when I spotted an add for woodys I suggested we try it. We were not disappointed that we did. What flavorful food ! Now I can't claim to be an authority on authentic Cajun food, but I can tell you the food was delicious. Very complex multilevel flavors . We liked it so much we made sure to return again during our vacation

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great find! Stopped because of high rated reviews, wasn't disappointed. Excellent fare, good service, nice ambiance, fair prices...and terrific music. Try the large grilled scallops or the shrimp rémoulade, we did and were thrilled...

2  Thank MarkSS1
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Being from Louisiana, I rarely expect any "Cajun" restaurant to truly deliver on their name once you get out of the deep south. But Woody's does-- because of Woody himself, a chef from New Orleans.

Oakhurst is lucky to have him and his family there. The food is terrific-- complex flavors, authentic seasonings, and creative recipes. My wife and I ate there the night I proposed to her (in Yosemite) and again on our 2-year anniversary. Both nights we loved our meals in a friendly, nice, romantic environment.

The food IS rich and the portions are NOT small, so go easy!

They even treated us to a good-size piece of their homemade pecan pie for our celebration and it was terrific (the crust... everything.)

It's obvious that Woody and his wife aim to please... we had nice conversations and they are super-personable and genuine. It was definitely a wonderful taste of home!

They are just off Hwy 49 at the 41 highway-- the main intersection in town-- behind the Raley's. Private lot, easy parking, easy access, about a minute off the 41 that connects Fresno to Yosemite.

I hope Woody's is there for a long time to come!

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

If you have one meal in Oakhurst this where you want to end up. It doesn't look special from the outside, but this regional cruisine would rival anything you would find in Louisiana.

1  Thank NoTrip2Far
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We enjoyed eating here, twice. Who'd have expected to find alligator on the menu in Oakhurst? The manu is varied and interesting. Service is good and the soundtrack is Nawlins r'n'b.

Tried a few places in Oakhurst over the years and Woody's is the one we'd go back to for good food at a reasonable price.

There was a foul up with the booking on our second visit, two diners with the same name, but everything was resolved amicably.