“Good choice”

Ranked #19 of 49 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve american food at reasonable prices. We offer our hotel guests a 25% discount for breakfast. Open for Breakfast and Dinner. We have a full service Lounge.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good choice”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good food with affordable price, there is no need of more. However if you don t like to walk, ask for a room closer to the restaurant.

Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
Mineola, New York
“Breakfast was OK”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

They had bacon one day, no bacon another. I like bacon, so I really liked breakfast one day, and liked it less the other. The rest is a slightly-below-average breakfast buffet (no waffle station, for example). Fine for morning fuel, nothing fancy.

Visited July 2012
Westchester County, NY
“MUST HAVE BEEN AMATEUR NIGHT IN THE KITCHEN”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The sign saying that it was Amateur Night at The Yosemite Gateway Inn Restaurant must have fallen down when we arrived. To explain, we had just checked in at the hotel next door after a long drive. It was already 8 PM so we asked the front desk for a recommendation for some place to get a quick, light bite to eat; a sandwich maybe? They assured us that the restaurant next door had a full menu and at that hour would be able to take us right away. Okay, sounded great. And after checking into our room, which was very nice, we implicitly assumed that the restaurant would be equally nice. Surprise! The hostess told us that there would be a half hour wait....even though we were looking over her shoulder a room filled with empty tables. Now even though we were newly arrived in an unfamiliar town after dark, I was hungry enough to jump in the car and search for a fast food or take out joint rather than sit and wait. But my wife talked me into staying. To give fair credit, the hostess didn't lie. We waited the full 30 minutes before she finaly seated us at a table. What she didn't disclose was that we were destined to continue our wait, just in a different location. It ws now 9 PM. Without even a glass of water placed in front of us, let alone asking if we'd like a drink, we watched in amazement, unattended, as the wait staff popped in and out of the dinng room clearing tables. I had to resist the urge to shout out, "Hey! Forget the Departed! How about we the living?!" I wondered if we would end up like the Donner party, trapped and starving in the Sierras and on the verge of resorting to cannibalism. Eventually, we did get to order. Mine was allegedly a BLT. When I bit into it, the so-called bacon crumbled to dust like some prehistoric remain. Peeking under the covers of the bread, it was obvious that the lettuce had not outlived the bacon by much more. My wife had opted to just have an appetizer. She chose their bruschetta. I tried to warn her. Being from the East Coast, we know Italian food. And we also know from experience that "you don't order steak in a Chinese restaurant", meaning just because it's on the menu doesn't mean it's what they know how to make. Sure enough, her bruschetta was regular toast, not even an Italian-like bread, topped with what looked to be canned tomato chunks. Now, other reviewers here have commented on the cheerful wait staff. Fair enough. In keeping with the "relaxed" service, after a frustratingly long wait our server finally brought us our check. When she chirped, "How was everything?", I explained as I have done here why it was not. And by now having been put in a certain frame of mind, I sarcastically (and in my defense, uncharcteristically) asked if the regular chef was off tonight? I was mildly surprised when she said that in fact, she thought there might be somebody different back there. As a postscript, I would add that in the two days afterward we found and enjoyed meals in two other restaurants in Oakhurst. So when I read that The Yosemite Gateway Inn Restaurant is popular with the locals, I can't help but think that's because the other establishments are jammed with us tourists who tried this place first.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Empty Restaurant”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this place because of the sign we read when driving by: Breakfast Buffet and Sunday Brunch. Well, we ended up eating Belgian waffle and chicken strips. Hash brown was too greasy, sausages were terrible. No wonder there were only 3 tables occupied when we came for a Sunday brunch. Try other eateries first when in town.

Visited September 2012
Bass Lake, California
“Always Enjoyable”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We live at Bass Lake, close to Oakhurst, so we've eaten at Yosemite Gateway several times and always enjoyed it The food is good, the staff is friendly,and the service is great...especially our server, Stephanie, who is efficient, helpful concerning the menu, and very personable. I would have to include hardworking, too, as we were there around closing time and saw her on her hands and knees cleaning the table legs!. We will definitely return again and again.

• Visited May 2012