“Cahoot's Corner Cafe”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very good breakfast and lunch only Noisy. A very dedicated crowd of loyal patrons. Rencent upgrade but still Spartan.

1  Thank Theopholus
There are newer reviews for Corner Cafe

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Let me start by saying that my diced ham scramble with a biscuit and gravy was really good with a soft biscuit and excellent gravy. Unfortunately it was very loud and the laughter and conversations made me feel like I was watching a football game at a crowded sports bar instead of having breakfast. The service was spotty at best with something as simple as refilling a coffee cup ignored by servers who seemed to be more interested in talking with friends. Maybe I visited the Corner Cafe on a off day (the Saturday after Christmas) but the excellent food was offset by the very high noise level and poor service. Despite the problems I will not hesitate to recommend the Corner Cafe, as I feel the problem areas are most likely isolated and easily correctable.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped here for breakfast on our way out to Yosemite. The biscuits are not only giant, fluffy, and delicious, but the sausage gravy covering them is wonderful - some of the best biscuits & gravy I've had; the bacon is thick cut and not over cooked; the pancakes are almost as big as your head; and all of the servings were very large for very reasonable prices. We are not local (vacationing from Indiana) but everyone was welcoming and very friendly. Overall really great diner style food and service. Absolutely worth a visit.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great food Great service nice clean restaraunt. The Cafe is open for breakfast and lunch. You cant go wrong eating here. Everything is good but if you like biscuits and gravy; its a no brainer here, huge fluffy biscuits awsome sausage country gravy topped off with good coffee never an empty cup, the ol saying is its hard to mess up breakfast but its rare to make it this good consistantly also.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stopped for the first time this week at the Corner Cafe in Oakdale, California, on my way from the Bay Area to Yosemite National Park. It is open for breakfast and lunch only. I was there just before they closed at 2:00, for lunch. I've been through Oakdale many times, frequently buy gas there (last cheap gas before the mountains), but my only food stop there has been for a Cappuccino Blast at the Baskin and Robbins (right off the highway in the last shopping center as you leave town on the east side). Oakdale, especially along Highway 120, is full of fast food places, not my usual choice for a meal. So this week, I turned right instead of left at the main intersection in town, leaving Highway 120. After just a couple of blocks I noticed the Corner Cafe on the right and thought I'd give it a try. Good choice. Mostly locals eating there. I felt like the only person who didn't know everyone in the place. I had a chicken avocado sandwich, which was a cut above what I was expecting. Fat chicken breast, good bun, and side salad with more than just lettuce and a carrot shred. I'll bet their breakfast is a good one, too. I hope to try it some day.

1  Thank Kathy A

Been to Corner Cafe? Share your experiences!