All reviews front desk pancake maker in yosemite national park outdoor pool great place to stay fitness room yogurt couple of nights the breakfast area convenient location stayed here for nights fitness center karon laundry motel clerk checkin
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2016

About to stay our 3rd time. Cleanliness is up to my allergy standards. Newest in town. Great service. Best reservations, Nicole had us on file and gave us our past rate as returnees. And will give us the quiet rooms we request. Last time we had a wing all to ourselves. Do call them. I have not been sorry.
Location--after a long day's drive, we cool off floating in inner tubes at Knight's Ferry, dine at the Vietnamese a find in the shopping center, sleep soundly here, then after breakfast, feed the animals at the cheese store just north of town, and pick up take out from the real Mexican drive-in to picnic by the river. Fun for our 6 to 8-year-olds on the way to the Sierras.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
KThomas64, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

Dear happydot,
Thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with such positive feedback! We appreciate your continuous loyalty as well as giving us the honor of assisting you and your family during your travels here in Oakdale. We always do our best to ensure that all guests receive the rewarding experience they deserve, so with that being said, it makes us proud knowing that our service is something you think highly of and that you will continue
to come back to our property for future trips. Our team would like to thank you for your five star review and want you to know that we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2016

On par with other HIE location we've stayed at with the added experience of all staff being welcoming and friendly. Clean and neat rooms, exercise facility, lobby and breakfast area, and common restroom.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
KThomas64, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2016

Dear Jeff J,
Thank you for giving us the honor of serving you during your business trip here in Oakdale! Our staff would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our welcoming and friendly service. We are pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean and that you enjoyed our property's many features throughout your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Great stop over /re charge before going on to Death Valley .
Quite basic but with good additions like good pool, big beds, lay out/configuration like loo in bath room but wash in bedroom:-(
Staff fantastic, very help full, suggested restaurant etc.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
KThomas64, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear Nick J,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Oakdale as your stop over before continuing your journey to Death Valley! We are happy to be informed that you were pleased with our features such as our refreshing pool and comfortable beds. It makes us proud knowing that our staff provided you with such excellent service and great recommendations throughout your stay. We thank you for your five star review and hope that you consider our property again for future trips in the area. Have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Reviewed May 19, 2016

We chose this place because we wanted to stay for a couple of nights and do Yosemite NP one of the days. On our day of arrival, it was time to laundry for the trip.

Good room, clean, everything we needed. Only complaint is the old style A/C units with just the knob controls. Can't run the fan constantly so you get it shutting on and off all night when the A/C cuts in.

Fairly close to Yosemite but still a couple of hours to get there. If I ever do this again I think I would base in Merced.

We had a ground floor room about 6 doors down the laundry so that was great, washer and dryer worked properly so we got everything done that was needed.

Nice property, I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom H
KThomas64, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2016

Dear Tom H,
Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel a review regarding your recent stay at our property! We are happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and that you were able to get all your laundry done at our facility before continuing your trip to Yosemite National Park. In response to your comment regarding our air conditioners, though some do have a knob control, a constant fan option is still available when set properly. We hope this information helps for future stays! Our team thanks you for your feedback and hopes to have the honor of welcoming you back again in the future. Safe travels and best regards!

Reviewed May 6, 2016

I'm used to getting hotels in the $130-$200 range. This hotel was the top-rated hotel in this town tonight. It went for $111. It is a small town with many hotels, so I thought maybe it was a low price area. Unfortunately, what I found out is that it isn't a low price area; it just doesn't have good hotels, so the results are cheaper lower quality hotels. I can accept that, but I wish I knew, so that I could have taken the 30 minute drive to go to a Hampton Inn. I wanted to go to bed earlier instead, so tried this local hotel instead.

I have never been to Holiday Inn Express, so I cannot comment on how it compares to other Holiday Inn Expresses. But it does not confer the types of comfort that its advertising suggests. I get those types of comfort in better hotels.

This is the first time in years that I had to try more than two rooms. The first had cigarette smoke in it despite being non-smoking, and was stuffy. The second was next to the weight room and had a TV making noise, and was stuffy. And the third room had the main road noise coming into it, and it was annoying, but it was the least bad situation there. The room was stuffy, although slightly less stuffy than the first two.

Since this is my first stay at Holiday Inn Express, my first impressions are pretty poor. I will update this review when I am done for the night. Everything else looks in order. I don't know what the staff could have done to make it better considering the layout of the building. Next time, I'll try to plan ahead for driving back to a more luxuriously appointed area.

I have this feeling that this is the type of place that exists to soak up the many average customers, so that I can stay in the slightly more expensive much nicer places.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Brad A,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express during your recent travels here in Oakdale. Providing a rewarding stay for each and every guest of ours is incredibly important to us and something we take pride in, which is why hearing the news that our property fell short of your expectations is truly disappointing. On that note, we would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience you may encountered during your stay. Please know that your comments will be reviewed by our team and we will take actions accordingly. Once again, we are deeply sorry and hope you consider giving us another try in the future to give you the rewarding experience we know we can provide to you.