Holiday Motel
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
Tiki Lodge(Modesto)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The room was very dirty and it smelled awful. When we turned on the aircondition, the air smelled like pee!!! Even a small movement on the bed was causing loud kirky sound. The internet didn't work. The furniture was old and very damaged, we couldn't even open the drawer.
We left the Hotel at 4 am because we couldn't stay any longer this room. It was the worst experience in our vacation. Don't even think about staying there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roger S
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Banner at the road announced "Newly Remodeled Rooms -- Lowest Rates in Town -- New Management". The last two points might have been accurate. I don't believe the first point was; or at least we didn't get one of the remodeled rooms, and we were shown two. The first room we were assigned had multiple issues: lamp with no shade, sink plunger wouldn't open and t.v. reception was very poor. The motel staff was very willing to switch us to another room. This room has deficiences also: the light "fixture" over the vanity was just bare bulbs, the in-the-door room lock didn't work, the frig and microwave were mis-matched and the frig was noisy; but we stuck with it. There was no hair dryer or alarm clock and the bars of soap stated "made of 100% vegetable oil" and that was it!

In the numerous trips to the office, there was no offer or mention of a coupon for breakfast at McDonalds. Don't know if that is still being offered.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed In Holiday Motel after finishing our Yosemite park trip.
It is 2 star motel with 2 star price....no surprises....Other motels were at least from $20-30.00 more.
It is drivable distance from the park which allowed us to hike until 6pm and pay less for the night than at park pricey properties.
We stayed in double renovated room. It was clean, new bathroom, typical motel room, with color TV, 2 beds, table ect We paid 70$ via hotels.com but I saw sign $ 49.00 single...I would stay there again if need. Receptionists were not too friendly but it is not very important. I think it is a family run hotel. There are many food establishments walking distance from motel as well as few stores. We did not used their voucher for MC Donald's breakfast, but they provided it. Good stayand not expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room, I am not sure if all of them are
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We booked online. When we arrived my grandma loved the place she said "it's so homey." I believe it reminded her of her younger days :0. The motel is all one floor which was excellent for us. With all the suitcases who wants to lug them upstairs. Any hoot the front desk personnel were very polite and helpful to where to go for dinner. They even give you a voucher for breakfast. Its at mc donald's, good for all of us because we are on the go in the mornings. As for our room, it was very comfortable. we felt at home really. After we settled in we went out to the pool. It was one of the cleanest pools we seen so far on our trip. All in all our experience was excellent we will actually stay on our way back that way.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank willgoback
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I booked 2 nights at this hotel as a stop-over to and from Yosemite. The price was favourable and I read a couple of good reviews so I booked it.
When I arrived, I almost doubted I had got the right place. *This* place had got good reviews? Maybe I'm not experienced with staying in budget motels, but I felt uncomfortable from the outset and almost everything was not satisfying. All the rooms are ground floor, so if like me you are a solo female traveller you may feel uncomfortable (I did). The rooms are very basic and quite smalll, and the carpet in mine was not clean at all. The bathroom/toilet are also basic. My room smelt funny from the outset, too.
There was a fly in my room on arrival, and no sooner had I disposed of that then another one appeared. Probably sums up the experience.
In addition, my fellow hotel guests did not exactly put me at ease, looking like dodgier sorts than I would like, quite in keeping with the area.
Plus points, the wireless connection was good, parking is free (but in this area most places are), there is a fridge and microwave in the room, and both appliances in my room were clean. Oh, and they give you a voucher for free breakfast at McDonald's (not sure if that'good or bad, but after seeing the room I'm glad they left the food to somebody else, even if it is McD's).
Luckily in my case, the attendant at the desk made an error and said I had only booked for one night, so I paid for one. A little later I went to Holiday Inn Express (only a few doors down) and booked a room for the next evening, for a higher price but commensurately better ambience and setting - but that's another review!
All-in-all, if budget is your key criteria and you have little/no flexibility, then choose this hotel. But if you don't mind spending another £10-15, then do and stay at the Holiday Inn Express (Quality Inn is also meant to be quite good but I have not tried it).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo