“You bet we'll be back!”
Review of Oakridge Inn

Oakridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak View
Reviewed March 9, 2011

The Inn was perfectly centered for our trip with the Island Packers to the Channel Islands and the concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl, plus some wonderful hikes in the Ojai Valley. Not to mention a great day trip to a few wineries. We loved the Spool...what a great way to end the perfect day. You're not gambling if you're staying here...it's a sure thing! The awesome oatmeal cookies definitely made up for the the green bananas. Thanks Sottt!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 23, 2011

We rented 9 rooms on President Day weekend and we all had great stay. First, we were going to camp out but due to the rain we decided to stay in motel nearby. We checked out some motel rates in Ojai area and found Oakridge Inn to be the closest and most reasonable (Lake casitas staff also recommended this motel). Front desk clerk was very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Super clean and organized. Greatest maid service. Good rates. continental breakfast with adequate selection--just enough. Close to Ojai and Ventura. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Conveniently located just next to Ojai and off the main road. Person at the reception nice.
Spacious room, relatively clean. 2 double beds, a microwave, a fridge, a bath tub and a TV with 100 channels.
Calm during the night but noise starts at 7:00am (thin ceiling and walls).
Perfect for a one-night stay.
Our room was equipped for the elderly (handrails) which is the first time we saw this.
There is only a small breakfast but there was a coffee maker in the room.
There are 2 nearby supermarkets but there is mainly a large choice of beer so if you need to buy something specific, buy it before.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

If you must stay near Ojai and don't want to spend the $$$$$ on a boutique place, this is about it. There prices are lower than many of the local places. This is an older motel and it shows it's age. The rooms were ok. The showers are only about five feet high, so unless you are shorter than this you have to contort to get your head wet.
The one person staff seemed too busy to take care of the place and the customers. He was on a 15 min break when we arrived and we waited a half hour before deciding to try later. We asked if the hot tub was on and the manager told us he'd turn it on. We came back 2-3 hours later and he forgot.
I recommend staying in Ventura, you'll get a better value at a lower price. Well worth the extra 15 minute drive to avoid the overpriced 'Ojai valley' experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I made my reservation over a month before my arrival on phone with owner, Scott. He had told me that he would have to charge my card ASAP to get the special rate he was offering. He gave me a confirmation # & told me that I would be unable to cancel the reservation.
I was fine with all this...until...
I show up about 8:30pm to find out that he has given my room away to someone else EVEN THOUGH I HAD A CONFIRMATION #! So, it is a Friday night...and I have no room. When inquiring why he cancelled my room...he told me that my credit card was declined.
He said that he had called, but that the call didn't leave him an option to leave a message...I do have voicemail. I always check my messages. So he just didn't leave a message or even try to call back. This is bad business. PLUS, HE DIDN'T CHARGE MY CARD WHEN HE SAID WOULD, BUT WAITED ABOUT 3 WEEKS TO DO SO.
The whole time he wouldn't look me in the eye like he had made up this story.
*Later, I checked with my credit card company about the possible decline & they said an attempt to run the card had occurred...but it was not necessarily declined...so who knows ?

So, I settle on another room...the refrigerator & coffeemaker were in the bathroom...GROSS! Who wants to store their food in the bathroom?
I get everything into the new room...and go to put my food in the BATHROOM REFRIGERATOR...and I move an electrical in doing so...and a ROACH runs out.

When I mention that I saw a roach, he mutters something to himself ... like he knew that there had been a problem with them? He wasn't surprised that there were roaches.

He did give me a refund easily. Though, I find the whole situation inexcusable & just plain bad business.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Lorelei44
sincereman, Manager at Oakridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2010

As stated by this guest I had no problem refunding her Credit card for this misunderstanding. Being that the Guest was questioning my sincerity from the get go about the Credit card being declined, I felt it was just best not to debate or argue with her further.
My guess is this person made up the story about the one Roach in the room because she was already upset about the Credit card and only wanted a full refund, which I glady obliged and gave her, as stated.
I do my best to accommodate and make my guest happy, if for any reason they are not, I will gladly refund them.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

It's so much cheaper to stay in Oak View rather than Ojai, and considering Ojai is maybe 10 min. away at the most, it's not a big deal. Arriving there and getting the key was super easy, the room was small, but to be expected. It smelled and looked clean, and the microwave and fridge were a great convenience. The bathroom was huge for some reason (one queen bed room). It's within walking distance to restaurants (like just a few steps), one of them a great pizza place. The pool is weird ... it's like a giant hot tub. But the staff guy (manager?) turned it on for us when he happened to pass by as we were going out to the spa. He said to wait half an hour and it'd be hot. So we did and it was still not really warm, but fun nonetheless. The only complaint I have is that people had a discussion outside our room at like 8 Saturday morning. You know how hotel walls/doors are. And then that same person, our next door neighbor, got home at like 3 that night and seemed to have lost her dog. Quite loud about it, but that's not the motel's fault.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor
Chantico Inn
Chantico Inn
#5 of 5 in Ojai

Been to Oakridge Inn? Share your experiences!