“Great value accomodation near Ojai.”
Review of Oakridge Inn

Oakridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak View
San Diego, California
“Great value accomodation near Ojai.”
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We were looking for a value accomodation near Ojai and I must say this motel did not disappoint. In fact it was better than expected as the room was quite spacious and very clean. Yes it was a bit out of town but then the center of town was about 5 miles away. So it is great if one wants to explore the Ojai valley without spending for the higher priced retreats in Ojai. Another thing we loved, there is a Thai restaurant just next to the motel . Both the food and the staff were great. I believe the name was Om Fusion of Thai.
On the downside, the breakfast was meagre. But for the price of the room, one might as well skip it and head for Starbucks about a mile up the road.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Iowa
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Oakridge Inn was a friendly, clean and accomodating place to stay. During our 2 week stay, all of our needs were met and then some. I love the upgrades to your large hot tub area... the new plants create a welcoming touch. Thanks for keeping the place up to date and comfortable. We appreciate you!

• Liked — Great Price!
  • Disliked — Comforter could be updated
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We booked the rooms on the experience of others who had stayed at the Oakridge Inn. I must say I was hesitant.
I was pleasantly surprised. Scott was fantastic to work with during our 2 week stay. He was pleasant and helpful. The housekeeping staff were also pleasant and did a great job. We enjoyed the pool area and also got to enjoy some new plants and benches before we left. Thank you so much I would definitely recommend the Oakridge Inn. and plan on staying there next year too.

• Liked — location and satff
  • Disliked — older matresses
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank nevik17
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2008

My husband and I decided to explore the Ojai area so we booked this place because of the exorbitant prices in Ojai itself. We checked in late but that was no problem and were greeted by a matter-of-fact but extremely helpful and polite man (owner?) who gave us the perfect room, help getting around, and a key piece of info on where to get a great meal on that day and time (the Mexican place up the street - fabulous!). The room was roomy, extremely clean, the beds were clean and very very comfortable. It was obvious they has just redecorated. Maybe it is quieter midweek, I don't know, We spent a couple nights there and it was perfect. I highly recommend the half-outdoor bookstore in Ojai, the ranger station just outside of town (wonderful!), Lake Casitas - we just went three and had a picnic - ... and among our many walks, one of my favorite was a snuck-in free walk at the fancy spa golf course - also highly recommended. We weren't kicked out either (LOL). My husband had a spa treatment and was in heaven. Anyway back to the motel we went and slept like two peas in a pod (make that a very large bed!) and it was very cold but the heater works great. I'm sorry I didn't get to use the pool or jacuzzi at this motel, but it looked clean, warm and well taken care of. Be sure to ask for one of the remodelled rooms. Not sure if they charge more for those, but good to ask. I really liked the Oakridge Inn very much and would recommend it to anybody. Our neighbors there were all quiet - mostly older gentleman prepping for fishing and hunting trips, very very polite and respectful. I have no trouble recommending this place enthusiastically. I took photos and will attempt to post them later.

Stayed November 2007
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 27, 2007

My husband, 18-month old daughter, and I made last-minute plans to spend Memorial Day weekend in Ojai. When everything else was booked in Ojai, I called the Oakridge Inn and found they had 1 room due to a last-minute cancellation. We had never been to Oak View or Ojai and were looking forward to our trip.

As soon as we drove in to Oak View, we began to feel sceptical. There is a liquor store on every block and there are several run-down or abandoned buildings. At any rate, the Oakridge Inn is clean and well kept with a fountain outside. You should know, though, that it is a mango colored stucco motel directly adjacent to the highway.

The reason I'm giving this inn 2 stars is because the inside of the room was similarly clean - if not stylish. Everything in the other review is accurate regarding the room furnishings. The problem we encountered was due to the thin walls/windows, safety concerns, and the other clientelle.

Going to sleep at 10pm, we heard traffic noise (including motorcycles and sirens), banging of doors, screeking of beds above us, pipes in the walls, and music from a party across the field from us. At 3am, the fellow in the room next to us got locked out of his room and started banging his door, cursing, and moaning. This went on for 45 minutes until I think he broke into his room through the window using his pocket knife.

It was at this point that I became painfully aware that every room in the motel has a thin window that is directly adjacent to the door (which one could assume could just as easily be broken into). I might also add that this hotel has traditional lock and key doorknobs, which I consider less safe than the key cards. In addition, there is no way to bolt or chain the door from the inside in such a fashion that the door cannot be opened by someone with a key from the outside. To make matters worse, this guy had peered into our room in a suspicious way when we were first settling in.

My husband called the front desk to see if someone could let this fellow into his room, but all we got was a machine. We thought about calling 911, but realized he may become even more upset by that and weren't sure what would happen after the cops left. We also thought about packing up and leaving right then, but felt trapped in our room while he was outside carrying on.

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. My husband and I checked out first thing the next day, forfeiting the second night of payment that we had already paid. We explained what happened to the manager, but he didn't offer a refund. We will not be returning there due to bad memories, and I would caution those concerned about safety to avoid this establishment. Tough guys who are just passing through for the night and don't mind wearing ear plugs may be glad for the clean, relatively inexpensive room (ours was $110 a night - for Memorial Day weekend).

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — unsafe
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
9 Thank LimeTreeFamily
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed February 12, 2007

I recently spent six nights at the Oakridge Inn. Most visitors to the Ojai Valley speed past Oak View in order to stay at the chi-chi hotels, spas, and b&bs in neighboring Ojai. Indeed there are some wonderful places to stay in Ojai, but if you happen to be traveling on a budget, and don't mind being a few minutes away from downtown Ojai, the Oakridge Inn is just the ticket.

Though the inn is nothing fancy, it is well managed and immaculately clean. My room (113) was large with a queen bed, refrigerator and microwave, table and chairs, and a generously sized bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean and in good repair. And the best part was that it cost $75 per night--another five miles up the road and I would have paid nearly double for the same thing. Scott, the resident manager, is polite, friendly, and responsive to the needs of the guests.

The only negative aspect to the inn is the thiness of the walls. Sound really carries in this place. Apart from this, however, the Oakridge Inn is without question the best value in the Ojai Valley.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
Clocktower Inn Hotel
Clocktower Inn Hotel
#19 of 23 in Ventura
Ojai Valley Inn & Spa

Been to Oakridge Inn? Share your experiences!