“Very Clean accomodations.”
Review of Oakridge Inn

Oakridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak View
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Although the front desk closes at 9:30 pm, the gentleman was courteous. We had not been back to this motel since 1997. We remember the pink painted building which was still pink. My son stayed at this motel while attending his brother'a wedding. He said it was very nice. Sixteen years later I'm back with being a satisfied customer. We were very close to our family's memorial service and it made it convenient for me and my daughters. The price was reasonable being so close to a fancy tourist town which is Ojai, Ca, made it affordable.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank GrammyJ43

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We knew we had a booked a motel a bit away from Santa Barbara, which was fine as we were driving. There's not much there apart from a couple of diners and convenience stores, but we only slept there for one night and moved on.

The room was old but seemed clean enough. As the motel was quiet we got the room the durthest away from the road and on second floor, which was good.
Bed was fine and there was a small breakfast table with 2 chairs.

The most disappointing was the false advertising about breakfast being included. It was an absolute joke! We got down to the reception area and all we got was thermos coffee and there was a bag with 2 small and stale bagels in it. Obviously the motel manager had bought them for himself earlier in the week and left us the 2 last ones! We were the only guests ad far as I could see.

The price is quite good and the room was ok, but don't count on breakfast.

6  Thank cwahlberg
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My experience was beyond my expectations. My room was clean and very comfortable. And for the management, Scott you could not have been more accommodating. Very rested and happy when I left. Looking forward to going back.

2  Thank MBDriverGreg
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Ojai Wine Festival and were looking for a hotel nearby Lake Casitas. The Oakridge Inn was exactly what we were looking for. Queen non-smoking room under $100/night. Room was clean and very spacious. We walked to dinner at Boccali's nearby. Slept well and checked out early as we both had to work the next day. Our room had a hairdryer..toiletries and microwave and refrigerator. Towels were really rough. I would agree with previous posts...the manager is not very friendly...no small talk..back to game on tv in back room..I wasn't even told about any breakfast offerings...I was informed by reading posts on Tripadvisor. I would skip the breakfast...coffee was bad and food pre-packaged...there's a coffee shop down the road. Convenient location and clean...that's what we were looking for.

1  Thank Gamyleigh
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked a room for $75, for one night.
Now let me tell you, the address provided (here, on their official website, google,...) is not the actual address of the place - you're still (I think it was) 13 miles off! We had to ask for the way at a gas station, but it was so dark already that we couldn't make much sense of the directions we were given. Thankfully our GPS ended up having it saved under the hotel/motel menu, otherwise we would've never found it!
The front desk guy was very friendly. There's a coffeemaker in the room, but we wanted a cup of tea before bed, and a sheet in the room said we could trade the coffee packets for tea, but he let us keep both. The breakfast was quite limited (and you basically have to eat it at the front desk where there's only two (or maybe it was three) couches - no clue what happens when there's more people staying!
Our room was very spacious - the bed was very high and a little small for my liking, but there was a couch, table, desk, chairs, anything else one might need. The bathroom was very big for hotel/motel standards too, even had two sinks, which I've never seen in a two star hotel.
Overall, we were very happy! All we booked it for was a good night's sleep, and that we definitely got. Comfortable bed, and very, very quiet place. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya R
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here (for 4 days) as an alternative to motels in Ventura that I had used previously. The Ventura motels always seemed to have guests who were noisy and inconsiderate of others, which detracted from my stay. The Oakridge Inn was clean, quiet, and reasonable. Only minutes away from Ventura, it gives easy access to Ojai as well. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The only reason I gave the rooms a 4 is that the beds seem a bit worn. Scott, the manager, was very helpful. I will be staying here again when I am in the area!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ojai can be expensive, so we were nervous about booking a room for only $75. We were very happy with our choice - room 115 is quiet (near the back, away from the street), clean, large, and well lit, with a table and chairs in addition to the bed. The breakfast is pretty limited, but our room had a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, cups, bowls, and cutlery, so we made our own breakfast.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Clocktower Inn Hotel
#19 of 23 in Ventura
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor

Been to Oakridge Inn? Share your experiences!