“Clean quiet and friendly!”
Review of Oakridge Inn

Oakridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak View
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here (for 4 days) as an alternative to motels in Ventura that I had used previously. The Ventura motels always seemed to have guests who were noisy and inconsiderate of others, which detracted from my stay. The Oakridge Inn was clean, quiet, and reasonable. Only minutes away from Ventura, it gives easy access to Ojai as well. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The only reason I gave the rooms a 4 is that the beds seem a bit worn. Scott, the manager, was very helpful. I will be staying here again when I am in the area!

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ojai can be expensive, so we were nervous about booking a room for only $75. We were very happy with our choice - room 115 is quiet (near the back, away from the street), clean, large, and well lit, with a table and chairs in addition to the bed. The breakfast is pretty limited, but our room had a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, cups, bowls, and cutlery, so we made our own breakfast.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Scott, you're doing a great job providing your guests with a clean, quiet, affordable time away from home. I was in room 115 for extended stay with a pet. The pool was warm and perfect for my young grandson, but adults would not be able to swim in it...it looks to be about 18 feet long. The bathroom is quite large and for extended stay, I appreciated the few dishes/silverware etc you provided. Bed was very comfortable and I appreciated management stays on the premises. Hope to see you next summer!

Room Tip: Room 113 is huge!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My two sisters and I met at the Oakridge Inn in Oak View to spend a few days together since we don't live near each other. I was pleasantly surprised how quiet and clean this hotel is. I really liked my room and slept well. The air conditoning was perfect for me. If you don't want to spend a lot of money just for the room, I recommend the Oakridge Inn. Don't let the 2 1/2 stars deter you! It should be rated higher.

Room Tip: If you want to swim, this may not be the place for you unless you are a young child, then it would b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Let's start with an honest first impression. Driving up to this property did not make me happy. The pool is tiny and an afterthought off of the parking lot. Don't plan to swim there. The overall look of the place is $79 - $110 a night maybe, considering the proximity to Ojai. Instead, we paid $160 per night.

To be fair, the room was simple but clean. I had to wonder just how clean though when I found a previous guest's running shoes under our bed the next morning. Clearly the room wasn't vacuumed before we got there. Who knows how long those shoes we're under that bed. Cringe.

The beds were comfortable enough, and traffic noise, despite being right on the main thoroughfare, was minimal. No - actually better. The place was pretty quiet.

The water pressure was weak in the shower, and the head was low. I'm 6'1" and has to stoop a bit.

The upshot is, had the room been cheaper, I would have taken the whole thing in stride. But for what we paid, I thought it was over-priced. This is a stop-over motel, somewhere to pause while passing through. This is not a place to stay multiple nights on a vacation, in my opinion. Save up your money and stay in Ojai for that. And definitely don't bring your wife here for her birthday. While mine was very sweet about it, I was embarrassed at this choice. Once we were there, it was too late. No refunds. Not something I blame the motel for, but I was mad at myself for not exploring other options more carefully.

To be clear, I don't mean to knock the guy running the place. He was actually very nice. And, for what it is, at a more reasonable price, this motel has its place. But based on other glowing reviews and what we paid, I expected better. Lesson learned. This really IS a two star place, and not a point higher. Nothing wrong with that, except the price

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank tourpilot
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our stay was in room 212 and we really found the room comfortable and quiet. There is a flat screen TV, mini fridge and microwave in the room. The air conditioning was very good and I appreciated the quietness of the unit. The bathroom is very large with the counter space you dream of when you are on vacation. We had a sofa and coffee table in the room as well.

The manager, Scott, could not be more helpful. He keeps the hotel running smoothly and efficiently. He made sure the special requests I made (early check-in and room needs) were met. We will definitely come and stay again. It was a pleasure to sleep in the comfortable bed.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jbtiara
Reviewed July 3, 2012

There is nothing flash about this hotel but it's clean, quiet and reasonably priced. It has a small breakfast provided and free Wi-Fi. For people wanting a cheaper alternative to accommodation in Ojai, then this is the place.

Room Tip: There are only two floors but no elevator, if you have a lot of luggage, get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Clocktower Inn Hotel
#19 of 23 in Ventura
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor

Been to Oakridge Inn? Share your experiences!