“My "go to" restaurant for intimate celebrations”
Review of Leila's - CLOSED

Leila's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been to Leila's many times and this local gem never disappoints. I love that the service staff are relaxed and incredibly knowledgable. Quality ingredients and local produce are the centerpiece of a very interesting menu. This feels like having a fabulous chef cook just for me in a very home like setting.

1  Thank epohl57

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Attentive service, outstanding and unique food. The ambiance was very good too. Everything exceeded my expectations. I will definately go back for a special occasion.

1  Thank Gloria E
Reviewed October 18, 2012

A few of our friends dined at Lelia's last week and we all came away with the same impression. Leila's has "good" food and decent service but is pricier than other similar local restaurants for what it is. Personally, I don't like being seated for dinner in the bar area and that's where they sat us...with reservations. I was not at all impressed with the fish (very basic...yawn) and the desserts were just ok, definitely not memorable. Our group decided we won't return to Leila's as there are too many better restaurants to choose from.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We met friends from MN - we are from IL for dinner at Leila's. The waitress recommended Hearst Ranch - 2009 red wine - outstanding choice. We had 2 filets, halibut and duck - all excellent. Service was great! Patio is very nice.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I just went here with friends and found the food top-notch. The overall experience was very good and we will return soon. (We're local.) The restaurant is about 3.5 miles from the 101 freeway so its a bit removed, but not difficult to find. Its a shame that it is in a strip mall but for the area beggars can't be choosers. My wife and I find the area somewhat lacking in higher quality restaurants. Despite being in a strip mall, the interior is nice and you soon forget about the general location being uninviting.
I started with a mojito that was well-done. You have to order the bacon wrapped dates. Excellent! These are not on the menu but we were familiar with them from years ago. Apparently they offer them during happy hour and we were there at 6:30 so I guess it was early enough that they were still available. My beet salad was great and my wife liked her stacked tomato salad. I found the table bread a bit lacking though it was warm and soft. The oil accompanying it was far too overpowering with garlic for my taste. We all ordered different entrees, which were thoroughly enjoyed. We split a dessert which was just right to complete the meal. Pricing is a bit high, but not astronomical. Service was solid and all tables were full.