“Dinner at Hawk's Head”
Review of Riley's Farm

Riley's Farm
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Oak Glen
More attraction details
Owner description: This working apple orchard is also a living history farm, that includes Colonial Chesterfield, a Civil War program, a packing shed operation, Riley's Log Cabin Farm and Riley's Frontier Events.
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Ate dinner at their restaurant Hawk's Head. It was delicious. I've eaten here before and it's one of my favorites. Lots to do on the grounds here. Apple picking, raspberry picking. Try out bow and arrow or tom a hawk throwing. Plenty for the kids to do.

2  Thank focused7

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Visiting Rileys is our families new October tradition. We love it there!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

My brother & Sister-in-law took us here to pick some berries as it is not something we do much in NZ. We were amazed by the size of some of the veggies, especially the pumpkins!

The hay bail ride up the the berry picking area was a cute novelty ride which we enjoyed and my son and niece LOVED the berry picking. My sister in law also picked some tree fruit while we were there. It was a fun afternoon out, nice open spaces for our son to race about the place and something a little novel for us that had they not taken us we would never had known about.

I would love to go again next time we visit as the fruit was delicious!

2  Thank oliver_emma
Reviewed November 12, 2010

If you are looking for a poor excuse for a farm with a historical twist, this is your place. I took my family there yesterday to enjoy some apple picking and taste what was referred to us by my wife's friend "the best chicken ever" . What we found was an orchard that was bare of any good apples but the people were willing to rent you baskets and picking equipment to allow you to pick small, mostly inedible apples. We also showed my daughter the horses in a corral near the parking. I felt sorry for the horses because it was obvious that the corral had not been cleaned as there were an enormous amount of droppings in it. The horse at the fence was friendly but looked as if it had been stabbed through both front legs due to a stick lick protrusion on the inside of both knees. We then headed to the Hawks Head's to try the chicken. The staff, especially the hostess were very rude. First, my wife stood in front of the hostess for several minutes trying to get her attention but the hostess did not look up until a man behind my wife spoke up. We were told that it would be a 45 minute wait so my wife waited while I took my daughter out to look around. After ten minutes, I returned and switched postions with my wife and waited 45 minutes. By now there were several groups waiting and I watched as the hostess ignored two more women while paying attention to men, odd I know. Fifteen more minutes passed and I saw 10 tables open up but was told that there was a group of ten to be seated then a group of seven, then I was next. Well, the group of ten were seated several minutes later, two tables down, then ten minutes later the group of seven were seated, two more tables down, then a group of four who came in after us was seated, THEN a group of five that was right after my group of three were seated leaving 4 scattered tables still empty. When I complained, the hostess tried to justify this by saying that the number of people corresponded to her servers to which I pointed out the 4 empty tables and that I should have been seated a while ago, she just smirked and said that she was working on it. I left the entire farm after that. AWFUL AWFUL PLACE.

10  Thank CGamble100
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We loved The Legend of Sleepy Hollow dinner show! You must take some time and go. Great for families, kids, adults, singles, couples...anyone who wants to get away and step back in time...Little House on the Prairie-style!

We really enjoyed time with our family. The dinner was great, the play was great, the entertainment was great!

6  Thank travelhoneys