“what a disappointment!!!!”
Review of Rickey's

Rickey's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rickey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Novato
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ignacio Blvd.
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Ignacio Blvd Novato 49, 54, 70, 71, 80
Novato, California, United States
“what a disappointment!!!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

this is a "must not visit" restaurant!!!. My wife and I went for dinner this week and I couldnt believe the meal. I ordered the rack of lamb ( $29). What I received was 5 tiny lamb chops each the size of a quarter.....very small portion for $29 ....Their red wine cab. is also a short pour and service was slow. Needless to say that will be my last visit

• Visited March 2014

California
“Consistent”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have eaten at Rickey's several times in the past few months. Food is always good, servers are very friendly and professional. Atmosphere is energetic and happy. Ambiance is charming and inviting.

• Visited February 2014
Chilbolton, United Kingdom
“A great all-rounder!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We’ve had a couple of very delightful meals here and intend to go again on our next trip to Novato in a few weeks’ time. We visit the bay area from the UK as often as we can and, almost always pop in here for a great dinner. They serve fabulous food, with very good service, it’s comfortable with friendly helpful staff and has a great ambience. Can highly recommend this as a great place to eat.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sofisticat
Bellevue, Washington
“Something for everyone--and well prepared”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Five of us had dinner at Rickey's on a Saturday night, and we all gave it a thumbs-up. Collectively, we had the calamari, chicken skewers, asparagus salad (beautiful presentation, topped with a generous portion of prociutto), salmon bisque, fettuccini, risotto, penne Bolognese, and "Rickey's hamburger." It was great to see a menu that had so much to offer--including very reasonably priced "small portions" for those of us who don't like to leave food on our plates! Service was attentive and friendly, and the jazz combo added a nice, upbeat touch to a pleasant dining experience. Whether or not you're staying at the attached Inn Marin (a great place, by the way), Rickey's is a very good choice in an area with lots of options. And since it's right off Highway 101 (you can see it easily from the highway), it's a nice place to stop before heading into (or through) San Francisco.

• Visited December 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Someone else used the term "Modest Gourmet"...I'd agree!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a Groupon that I bought while visiting Marin and had planned to use it on Monday but found out that they were closed on Mondays. Since I didn't want to leave without using it my husband and I snuck out for a date! :) The atmosphere was nice...fireplace, comfortable mission-style chairs at tables or booths. The lighting was fantastic with spotlights on the place-settings (different!!). I ordered off of the "lighter" portion menu (I ALWAYS appreciate a restaurant that offers a smaller portion). I had scallops on polenta with asparagus. Lovely presentation. My husband had a Korean pork chop...also lovely (and delicious)! We both had the refreshing cucumber martini (we thought it was a little light for $10). Really we didn't have a single complaint. Very nice date! (And there was at least one family with children in a booth and they also seemed to be having a very nice time.)

• Visited November 2013