“Typical Courtyard Stay - reasonable distance to Napa/Sonoma”

Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Novato
Boston, Massachusetts
“Typical Courtyard Stay - reasonable distance to Napa/Sonoma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

I stayed at this Courtyard for one night in September 2008 with a friend. This was our launching point for a day trip to Napa/Sonoma. Everything about the stay reflected what I've come to expect from a Courtyard -- easy check in, clean and comfortable room, nothing especially fancy. A reasonable distance to Napa/Sonoma - although if I were staying multiple nights I might consider paying a little more to stay closer to the wineries.

Hotel is very close to a grocery store and other shopping mall, and the highway. Not exactly a scenic location but very practical.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Mountain View, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed here on Halloween night and the following night for a getaway to wine country and the coast. Our stay was good, not great, like in past Courtyard stays. On Halloween night at 1am, in the rain, the hotel fire alarm went off and we dressed and walked down three flights of stairs to join the other guests under the front awning. We watched four fire vehicles arrive, who never found a fire. Thirty minutes later, we were allowed back to our rooms. Nothing was ever said to us. The bed was almost too firm, and one needed to pile the five little pillows in a way so that you have enough support. I got a kink in my neck the first night. The housekeeper discovered our slow shower drain after the first night, so we didn't have standing water the second day. Maybe we just had bad luck.

• Liked — Proximity to wine country, the coast, and SF
  • Disliked — Fire alarm at 1am, too-firm bed, small pillows
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

Annoyances:

I requested a fridge and it did not work. They desk said to wait until tomorrow. ( I checked in on Sunday). I am traveling with a toddler it is helpful to have juice for a baby.

I am a Silver Elite with Marriott, they would not give us another room or swap the fridge.

• Liked — Decent location
  • Disliked — No fridge
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank lbhtd
denver, co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2008

We tried to find a Hotel in the area for an Infineon event that was in May. Unfortunately something else must have been in the area because everything was booked! Even though at the first call they were booked the receptionist took my number and called me to book the room I needed. They are always more than accommodating when we stay there. Their staff is always lovely. If you are planning on going to the North Bay area or wine country, you should consider them!

• Stayed May 2008
2 Thank cjeantrav
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2008

This was a fairly typical Courtyard--clean, relatively quiet, decent breakfast buffet.

Pro's: The location for exploring the Sonoma Coast (Point Reyes, Tomales Bay, Bodega Bay) and Sonoma wine country was perfect, with a much lower price than options located in Wine Country ($169 incl. breakfast.) Driving time to Napa and Sonoma Valleys was quite reasonable, even on the weekend.

The front desk folks were extremely helpful (concierge-level) in providing restaurant menus, maps to various wineries, driving directions, and intinerary suggestions.

Con's: our sheets weren't changed every day, which I have come to expect at this mid-level range. There was no sign in the room notifying guests of the practice, and no "if you want sheets changed leave this note on your bed" option. Sort of unusual.

The thermostat didn't allow a temp lower than 69 degrees, which felt to warm to us. Windows did open, but only a few inches.

• Liked — location, front desk team
  • Disliked — couldn't get the room cool enough, no warning that linens weren't changed each day
  • Stayed June 2008
2 Thank lisa222
Stockton Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

I travel for a major Media Co. I am on the road all year with the exception of two weeks vacation.I have stayed in several hotels that were below average, average, & above average.
The Courtyard in Novato Ca is exceptional. The staff here, is so accomodating. There was not one request denied. Generally, you will find a few on staff that goe above and beyond. Not this hotel. the whole staff from housekeeping to General Manager and all depts. in between. They even tailored the market on site to please me. Talk about feeling like home and yet staying professional all the way.

I would like everyone to know what a wonderful experience I have had here. 4 months, two weeks.

My choice will be Courtyard in Novato every January when I return. Thank You

• Liked — The Bed. Very Comfy
  • Disliked — the frig is quite small in the hotel room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2007

We stayed here one night before ending our week-long motorcycle excursion. This hotel was very clean, quiet, comfortable, and a nice transition back to reality. The front desk staff was professional, friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicely furnished and decorated. The beds were wonderful, The pool and grounds were beautiful. Convenient location off the interstate. Not a complaint!
The McDonalds next door was also a welcome sight and right next door! It too was very clean and pleasant.

• Liked — Clean, warm, comfortable, location
  • Disliked — A little expensive.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
BEST WESTERN PLUS Novato Oaks Inn
Inn Marin
Inn Marin
#3 of 6 in Novato
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County

Been to Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma? Share your experiences!