Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma
$199
Inn Marin & Suites(Novato)(Great Value!)
$110
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$117
  • Pool
$173
$152
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Metro Hotel & Cafe(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotel Petaluma(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$129
AscendHotels
All reviewswine countrysan franciscoconvenient locationdouble roomhotel is locatedenjoyed my staywalking distancebeds were comfortablecomfortable hotelfire pitminute drivesanta rosachecking inquiet roomwould stay againnight's sleepfront desk staff
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the nicest Courtyard I've ever stayed in. Came here with ten colleagues for a work meeting. Every aspect of our stay was perfect. The rooms were nice and spotless (I was in 202, which is a king suite). Service was stellar (we came back from a day in Sonoma with wine, they chilled it at the Bistro and then came out to the patio with it on ice!). Amenities are more than expected - terrace with ping pong, fire pit, cornhole (bean bag toss for non Midwesterners), nice pool, bistro (with Starbucks coffee), gym (small but ok for a short workout). For someone on a budget, this would be a great place for getting into San Fran or wine country! Would definitely stay here again and I'm a pretty picky traveler.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank BOSCraig
Tim H, General Manager at Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review. Receiving positive feedback is always greatly appreciated. We are very pleased to hear that your experience was so enjoyable and that you were able to make use of some of our amenities such as the fire pit, bean bag toss, and pool. These amenities, and many more, are certainly a part of what makes our brand so unique! At the Courtyard in Novato, we strive to provide each guest with professionalism and personal service and are happy that you have been able to experience this firsthand!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Going to Sonoma Horsepark? Need a hotel? This is it!
Everything is here... Clean room, good food, diesel fuel and supermarket next door.... what more could you possibly need?
Closest hotel to Horsepark.... probably 10 miles....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Hello and thank you for your very kind review! We are pleased to hear that our location simplified and accommodated all of your needs while visiting the Sonoma Horsepark. Thank you for your loyalty and please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Spacious, super clean and enjoyable room. Nice bath but the makeup area was a bit tight due to the closet. No problems there at all. However....our friend paid for this in advance for a present for us. When we got there they said they were changing the room to our name and took our credit card and ....billed US for it even thought she had already paid! Nice for them...we had to track her down and get her to sign a form. Rather embarassing for all and totally unnecessary. She had told them everything in advance. So Mariott got to use our money for 2 days...could have bounced some checks if we had been short on money in the bank!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We understand that this impacted not only your own stay, but also the time of your friend as well. Here at Marriott, we do strive to ensure that each guest receive the exceptional service for which we have been recognized, for over 80 years. Rest assured that we will examine this situation and make efforts to minimize the probability of this situation occurring again. We are certainly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, finding it both clean and spacious. Thank you again for your review, and we do hope that you will consider us again in your future travels.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Closest Courtyard to where I needed to be on a business trip... Petaluma CA (about 20 min away). Like all modern Courtyard Marriott hotels, it has a modern lobby and refreshed room decor. Except for some black scuff marks on the carpet in my room, it was what I've come to expect from Courtyards in decor and cleanliness. It's "nice" but not luxurious. The hotel towels (like most Courtyards) are pitifully thin, but functional. A small lobby cafe to grab breakfast in, a workout room, spacious lobby area, and reasonably comfortable rooms. Mine had a king bed, sofa, and desk. The bathroom could have used a second light (it was a little dim for my taste), and the closet was small, but other than that it was certainly satisfactory. Plenty of open, free self-parking in a surface lot.

The hotel is on a secondary road that runs alongside Highway US 101, and is pretty easy to find. It's also situated next to a strip mall with a McDonalds, a Safeway grocery store, and a few restaurants -- check out Toast (delicious). There are several other strip malls within about 10 minutes drive, and Sonoma is about 20-25 min away. SFO is about 40-50 min away.

Staff was certainly friendly and professional, and I see no reason why I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you have found our location to be so convenient, the staff experienced and helpful, and the rooms clean and enjoyable. Your comments concerning the bathroom lighting will certainly be addressed, and our towels have recently been replaced, so as to ensure that they are not only functional, but comfortable as well.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently checked into the Courtyard by Marriott Novato/Marin Sonoma at 1400 N. Hamilton Parkway. I originally had reserved a hotel for two nights. Upon arriving from sfo off an international flight I paid in cash for the two nights and put down a deposit. I used cash because I have been working abroad and haven't had time to transfer my funds back to the US yet. I was assured this wasn't a problem and would receive my deposit back when I checked out. The hotel room was very dirty and our white socks were ruined just by walking around a little. The walls were sticky. I accidentally touched them and my hands got covered by some kind of yellow jelly-like substance. The room also was lacking in basic amenities that a normal Marriott hotel would have (soaps and shampoo). I tried to call downstairs to the front desk but no one answered. The next morning I checked out of the hotel early. I was told although I could get a refund, they could not give it to me in cash nor the deposit. The manager Adam told me he would have a check issued that day and sent out. He assured me it would only take one or two days. It has been almost a week later and I have not received the check. I called the hotel in the early afternoon and was told the manager had left early for the day. The desk clerk had no idea about my situation and said checks usually took about 30 business days. She said I could call back the next morning . I would need to talk with the manager directly to clear this up. He would be in from 9-10. When I asked why only an hour she had no real answer. Then I asked if he would be there at 9 because I would call back then and she replied that around 9am but she couldn't say for sure. I am completely baffled by this. My family has been using Marriott hotels around the world since I was a child and I have never encountered this before. Marriott is a hotel brand I trust for quality but this seemed like a low end hotel that stole a sign name from the Marriott.

I don't understand why I couldn't get my deposit and refund back in cash when the night I checked in I was assured I would be able to get my deposit back in cash when I checked out. If it was going to take so long I understand. Issuing a check in one day for a business seems quick but I thought he was just eager to fix the problems I encountered. I would have very much liked to have just been told the truth instead of lied to so I would go away faster. I can understand normal business procedures-but what I cannot understand is being lied to-twice. That has made me upset and I cannot see myself or my family using the Marriott hotels again. Lying to customers is unprofessional. The quality of the room was substandard and dirty. I would never return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business