“Great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Novato
WA
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

we selected this hotel as a stop for our long trip from LA to Seattle. It was a great choice. It was very comfortable, modern ad had all the right amemeties.

Room Tip: right off hiway 101
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank baileyno6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I checked into this hotel on a dark and stormy night (ok, it wasn't stormy but it was rainy). The lobby was curiously empty except for the cheerful clerk at the front desk. I then realized the Giants-49ers playoff game was in the 3rd period. Not a time to mention I'm from NYC. Ouch.

The room was comfy with all the amenities, nice and clean, great TV, free wi-fi, plenty of workspace.

If I had one slight disappointment it would be that I was hoping for a full-service restaurant, and although the bistro did offer a nice selection, I would have liked to have had room service with all the trimmings. That said, the young man who prepared my burger did a very nice job, and it was very good.

I did ask the front desk clerk if there were any local restaurants that delivered, and she promptly gave me some menus, but they were all for pizza places. Being from NY, I cannot in all good conscious eat a California-style pizza :) Hence my meal in the hotel's bistro.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GoddessDivine
Barnet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

After a three night stay a few weeks ago, I can easily say that this hotel is fine. It offers comfortable accommodation and is within 30/40 mins from San Francisco. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: A good place to shop for groceries is Safeway - located in the complex behind the hotel. The complex...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Craig S
Northern California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

I'm a commercial driver, and I was looking to lay over at this Courtyard. I wasn't even given the chance to park the 26-foot bobtail truck I was in so that I could check in and find out about suitable parking -- never mind that it was about 1 in the afternoon in a nearly empty parking lot.

An employee appeared in my side mirror and waved at me to keep on moving. He didn't approach to ask why I was parking or to direct me to a spot more appropriate to the large vehicle I drove; he just assumed I had no need to be there. And he just stood near the rear of the truck, waving me away.

So my money and I left. I then called the Novato front desk and received an indifferent response ... Being hostile to commercial drivers. Hmmm. Not a great idea.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WalkingInSunshine
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

The Marriott Courtyard chain is not meant to be the Ritz. It's not even meant to be the Marriott! What it is meant to be is a nice, comfortable "working" hotel designed for transient travelers and business folks. In that this property (managed by Marriott itself) succeeds on every level. Pleasant, clean and convenient it met all my needs at the time. What made this property notch higher was the staff. Everyone I met greeted me with a smile and a positive attitude.

Nice job, Marriott!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Monterey, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

The location of this Courtyard has great access for car racing, wine tasting, or antique hunting. The hotel itself is clean, quiet and comfortable. The room we had was as expected. No frills but very clean and quiet. The staff was great...friendly and informative. Breakfast the next morning was yummy. Loved my cappucino and healthy start breakie.

We did not use it but there is a very handy airport shuttle station right across the street. This would be very useful for any travelers that are flying.

All in all...a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davenrich
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Well kept; nice Bistro on-site and very close to great dining.

Rooms were in excellent condition and despite close proximity to freeway, no noise problem whatsoever.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cardman760
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
BEST WESTERN PLUS Novato Oaks Inn
Inn Marin
Inn Marin
#3 of 6 in Novato
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County

Been to Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma? Share your experiences!