“Fabulous Conference”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Berkeley
“Fabulous Conference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2007

My organization held a small conference at this intimate and lovely hotel in Marin County. The hotel itself is beautiful with dark wood, and wonderful touches. The staff were all very nice; everyone I met smiled at me and said hello. It's clearthe staff are happy there. The people I worked with were warm, friendly, and incredibly helpful. It was clear to me that they knew what they were doing and they proved it that weekend.

My conference attendees said they felt more welcomed at this conference than ever before, AND that they had the "Best Conference Food Ever!" The food was indeed fabulous, well prepared with fresh vegetables not overcooked, and entrees with interesting sauces and beautiful presentation.

The rooms, although small, are very comfortable, with very thick walls of adobe that prevent sounds from bleeding through from the next room. All the amenities were available. I shared the jacuzzi suite with a friend and loved my huge jacuzzi! The sofa bed in the main room was not the most comfortable, however. The bed in the bedroom was heavenly.

The main meeting room has a wonderful view of a fountain that is lit up at night and behind that is a beautiful old magnolia tree with swings hanging from its branches.

I highly recommend this hotel for a weekend stay, or for a small conference (we had about 100 people).

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — The sofa bed
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Lakehurst, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2007

Perfect location, absolutely spotless. Extreemly pleasant people are employed at this hotel, work very hard to make your stay the best possible.
The rooms are not lurxurious but as I said before it is one of the most clean hotels we have ever stayed in, including many that call themselves 5 stars.
Close to all the wonderful spots that S.F. area has to offer, great jumpping off point, reasonably priced, actually cheap in todays market. Give it a try.

1 Thank charliemuff
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2007

We stayed at Inn Marin for three nights while visiting relatives in the area, based upon a recommendation from those relatives. The Inn Marin feels like a hotel from a different time. Our room was quite large (although the bathroom was small), the decor was warm and homey, the walls are brick so we heard absolutely nothing from our next-door neighbors, and the service and attention to detail from the staff were outstanding on every level. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the central courtyard is peaceful and inviting. The Inn is just inches from the 101, so there is a lot of highway noise in the front office, but our room was at the back of the property so it was not an issue for us.

I guess overall the Inn Marin sort of felt like home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HappyAuntie
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2006

Stayed here in December on a Wednesday so the hotel was not very full. I chose this hotel because it was conveniently located and they accepted pets.

All of the staff were friendly and knowledgable. The room was large and clean; bathroom was a little small. Everything worked well in the room. The central courtyard was a nice touch. Room service from the on-site restaurant was speedy and the food was excellent.

Freeway noise was the only negative - I could hear it when the heater wasn't running. The hotel is right next to the 101 freeway. It didn't interfere with my sleep, though it might bother light sleepers.

• Liked — They accept pets.
  • Disliked — Freeway noise
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank psarmic
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2005

It is with a heavy heart and tears that I have to bid the Inn Marin and its staff a goodbye. I have been staying at the Inn since July 4th due to my job. I cannot say enough about the Inn and the staff. From the owners and their parents, to the housekeeping staff, everyone makes their clients the most comfortable. The roooms are clean and roomy. The lobby welcomes you to sit, read, knit and enjoy the staff near a warm fire. The restaurant "Rickeys" offers a wonderful menu that I cannot say I have had anything bad from it. The Executive Chef Noe, is creative and gives delight to his patrons with his superb dishes.

Many many thanks to Rob, John, Mr. & Mrs. Marshall, Kris, Marcelina, Wendy, Laura, Juan, Melissa, Gregory, Terri, Sue, Teri, Noe, Jen B, Jen M, Edwardo, Tony, Mary, Victoria, I could go on and on to name all, but I do want everyone to know what an absolutely wonderful experience it was and is to know these people. They're the best.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2005

We were surprised to see the room as we walked in. The door was old and had a large gap allowing cold air in. The heater didn't warm up even when turned up all the way. The noise from the freeway was horrible, I was worried I would bother the rooms on either side because of having to turn the tv up to hear it over the continual highway noise. To get something from a vending machine, or ice, we had to walk clear across the back parking lot.

We ordered room service from Rickys restaurant. The prime rib was to be med. well and was very rare. The mashed potatoes were cold and the corn bread burnt. We received forks but no knives, and when we called for them, never came. The personnel were very nice, but next time, we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2005

I have spent the last 3 1/2 months living at the Inn Marin in Novato, California while doing contract work in the area. This is my last week here and I am dreading leaving the hotel, the people, the area, and California! The hotel staff makes you feel like family...they attend to your every need. From the front desk, to maintenance, to sales - every one of the staff has been absolutely wonderful! Rooms are always clean,towels always replaced, grounds and pools are always in tip-top shape....the bar/restaurant with outside seating has incredible atmosphere...the courtyard has tree swings and benches with magnolia trees, fruit trees, and beautiful flowers - making a wonderful place to relax with a book or to sit and talk.....This has become home - and it has been absolutely wonderful! It is 15 minutes from the wineries of Sonoma, 45 minutes from San Francisco, and just in a perfect location for everything! I will definitely come back to visit my friends here, the wineries, and the city many more times in my lifetime and when I do, I will book my stay at the Inn Marin!!! No other hotel will do!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
BEST WESTERN PLUS Novato Oaks Inn
Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma
Marin Suites Hotel
Marin Suites Hotel
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera
Days Inn Novato/San Francisco
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center

Been to Inn Marin? Share your experiences!