All reviews garden area hard boiled eggs wine country on site restaurant bamboo flooring motel style continental breakfast sonoma raceway yogurt san rafael freeway poolside iron rates california dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2017

It all began when we stayed at IM (Inn Marin) 2 years ago when we wanted to stay for 2 nights just out of SF, a place with a pool and pet friendly. We were sold! Just off the freeway but wouldn't have known it. Comfortable, motor-lodge style rooms, air conditioned & clean!
When we got engaged 9/2016 and were beginning our search, I knew IM would be our spot. It was becoming a larger wedding than I anticipated and when we met with the coordinator, Dana Marshall, all of my inhibitions were tamed.
What a beautiful outdoor wedding we had - perfect weather for September, rooms available for numerous guests (shout out to Terri Rose for coordinating these for us), Rickey's Restaurant (on site) catered both our rehearsal dinner AND wedding! No 2 food appetizers, salads or entrees were the same (I'm in the business and variety and quality are very, very important to me!). Dana was awesome! Her team were awesome, the day was a dream come true! Let Inn Marin & Rickey's take care of you

Room tip: go for a suite - 2 have jacuzzi baths in them!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2017

I have enjoyed staying here on several occasions. The pool and hot tub are nice, as well as the nice-sized rooms, convenient parking, and breakfast in the morning. I also really like the garden area in the center of the hotel. Staff is friendly. Prices are reasonable.

Room tip: Get a garden room, not a highway room
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Tamu N
RobertGM_11, General Manager at Inn Marin & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for making us your home away from home. We have put some extra effort into the Gardens this year (Water) to make them green and lush for our guest. Glad we are out of the drought. See you on your next stay

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

The official hotel pics make this place look a lot more charming than it actually is. Our experience here reminds me more of a motel or budget inn (think low end Best Western)...from the dated furnishings, to tarnished bathroom fixtures. There was also the matter of the pesky yellow jacket (bee) that we had to remove from our room when we first checked in (or else have our room smell of some toxic insect killer spray the maintenance guy offered to use). On the positive side, the property has a nice pool where you can swim laps, Wi-Fi, in-room Dish TV, includes a continental plus breakfast, and is pet-friendly. The breakfast includes make-your-own waffle stations, hard boiled eggs, selection of store bought pastries, cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea. However, for $225+ per night, I was expecting a bit more in terms of building appearance, interior furnishings, bathtub instead of shower, etc.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RonO-in-CA
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Its quiet and pleasant place to stay if your visiting Marin county, particularly in the Point Reyes Seashore area. The continental breakfast is better, they finally got their hard boiled eggs right, you can now actually peel the shell. My wife and I are coming back when we visit Marin, our next point of interest will be the Bear Valley visitor center, North Beach, the lighthouse, Mt. Tam, and Muir Woods.

Room tip: Get a non-smoking room
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald A
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

If you're light sleeper make sure that you have a room in the back or stay elsewhere. I'm writing this review as I lay here wide-awake listening to the traffic on the freeway. I might as well be trying to sleep right in the fast lane... . It is so loud not even my travel sound machine is drowning it out. Room is good size,clean,bed is comfortable. Restaurant has a decent bar and restaurant,hotel prices for food. Nice pool area with live music on the weekends. Never again for me .... I should give it a better rating because it could just be me .... but I can't because right now I could just smother myself with the pillow that's over my head.

Trip type: Traveled with family