All reviews large grass hard boiled eggs wine country bamboo flooring on site restaurant motel style continental breakfast courtyard area sonoma raceway yogurt san rafael freeway poolside iron rates california dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

The official hotel pics make this place look a lot more charming than it actually is. Our experience here reminds me more of a motel or budget inn (think low end Best Western)...from the dated furnishings, to tarnished bathroom fixtures. There was also the matter of the pesky yellow jacket (bee) that we had to remove from our room when we first checked in (or else have our room smell of some toxic insect killer spray the maintenance guy offered to use). On the positive side, the property has a nice pool where you can swim laps, Wi-Fi, in-room Dish TV, includes a continental plus breakfast, and is pet-friendly. The breakfast includes make-your-own waffle stations, hard boiled eggs, selection of store bought pastries, cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea. However, for $225+ per night, I was expecting a bit more in terms of building appearance, interior furnishings, bathtub instead of shower, etc.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RonO-in-CA
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Its quiet and pleasant place to stay if your visiting Marin county, particularly in the Point Reyes Seashore area. The continental breakfast is better, they finally got their hard boiled eggs right, you can now actually peel the shell. My wife and I are coming back when we visit Marin, our next point of interest will be the Bear Valley visitor center, North Beach, the lighthouse, Mt. Tam, and Muir Woods.

Room tip: Get a non-smoking room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald A
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

If you're light sleeper make sure that you have a room in the back or stay elsewhere. I'm writing this review as I lay here wide-awake listening to the traffic on the freeway. I might as well be trying to sleep right in the fast lane... . It is so loud not even my travel sound machine is drowning it out. Room is good size,clean,bed is comfortable. Restaurant has a decent bar and restaurant,hotel prices for food. Nice pool area with live music on the weekends. Never again for me .... I should give it a better rating because it could just be me .... but I can't because right now I could just smother myself with the pillow that's over my head.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017

This place is quite dated and is due for renovations. The entrance to the room is thru the back lot and the door was partially covered by oleander plant and spider web. Hotel is close to the freeway and that freeway noise is part of the 'ambience'. The first night of our stay, we woke up with bug bites. We had to request for change of room. Wish we had stayed in another place.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingagain2x2
Reviewed August 16, 2017

My husband and I used Inn Marin as our wedding hotel block and held our post-wedding brunch there, as well. This review covers our overall experience.

(1) Atmosphere
We chose Inn Marin for its charm and atmosphere. It really is a hidden gem. My initial impression as we pulled up to the hotel was full of skepticism, since it was located right next to the highway, and we were looking for something nice and/or special for our wedding hotel. However, once you walk through the doors and into the courtyard, you immediately see the beauty Inn Marin has to offer! The fountain, pool area, hammocks under the big tree, and flowers that line the hotel rooms all contribute to its charming atmosphere. Weddings are held in the courtyard, and it's easy to understand why.

During our wedding weekend, we had a lot of family and friends stay at the hotel. They all enjoyed the pool and courtyard area, and wandering around the grounds. It was a lovely setting for the weekend's events.

(2) Service
During the planning process, the director of operations, Terri Rose, was extremely helpful and responsive. She allowed us to pick particular rooms far in advance, allowed us to have some one-night stays (rare in the area near wine country!), and when anyone had trouble booking rooms, she was always quick to respond. While planning a wedding can be stressful, it was a relief to not have to worry about where our guests would stay once we chose Inn Marin.

We also held our post-wedding brunch at Inn Marin. Everything was beautifully set up, with the buffet and drinks outside, and tables set up in their Garden Room and poolside. We also had a DIY bloody mary bar, and while we provided the garnishes, the catering director, Kelly Celli, set it up perfectly in front of the bay window of the Garden Room. While we were busy chatting with family and friends, Kelly prepared plates for us to make sure we had the chance to eat.

(3) Rooms
The rooms were all clean and comfortable. Some rooms are more private, in the back, located away from the highway (like the suites, where we stayed), some are right off the garden, and some are located near the highway. Would recommend booking a garden or non-highway room, since I heard the highway rooms can be loud.

Overall: Inn Marin provides a warm, inviting atmosphere that I think would be hard to get from other chain hotels. The service was exceptional. It was a pleasure spending the weekend of our wedding there...so much so, that we enjoyed returning during our 1-year anniversary.

Room tip: Pick a garden room or other non-highway room!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family