Inn Marin & Suites
$182
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
$119
$169
Metro Hotel & Cafe(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewsbamboo floorsgarden areawine countryhard boiled eggsoutdoor weddingfun place to stayan older propertylower ratesears pointsales managercontinental breakfastoatmealking roomsonoma racewaynice poolroad noisehot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed here for a night with my jazz band during our tour and had a great experience. The rooms were clean (albeit a bit small) and the free breakfast was great. For the price it doesn't get much better than this!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank AugaJazz
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Comfy and clean motel-style accommodation, but with nice touches that exemplify them Marin County experience. Beautiful landscaped grounds, pool, ample rooms with California style design. Very, very comfortable and terrific value.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barb F
RobertGM_11, General Manager at Inn Marin & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your nice review. I am glad we could be a slice of your time in Marin County. We work very hard to be the cleanest hotel in Marin County using Vaska Botanical cleaning products. We are blessed to be on 5 Acres of gardens and trees with our pool in the middle of it all. Thank you again for choosing Inn Marin for your stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I travel to Novato on business twice a year. Have tried most of the local hotels. This one is by far my favorite. I have started bringing my daughter and grandson along just so they can enjoy the wonderful play space and pool. Love the local restaurant and the continental breakfasts (free) are much better than most. The rooms are clean and green.

Room Tip: Choose a garden facing room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here last year and when we checked into our room, which felt more like a rustic cabin, we were horrified to find crumbs on the wrinkled bed, crumbs on the wood floor, and a closet that had a curtain for a door. We were all the way in the back of the hotel and were afraid because it was extremely dark and felt unsafe. When we complained to the front desk attendant, she did not believe us that the room was as bad as we had described. We then asked for our money back and she said she would call the manager. When we spoke to the manager, she REFUSED to give us back our money and said that everyone loves their hotel. IF YOU ARE USE TO HOTELS THAT HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION AND HAVE CORPORATE POLICIES, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT STAY AT THIS INN. YOU ARE BETTER OFF STAYING AT THE MARRIOTT COURTYARD 3 MILES AWAY....YOU WILL BE GUARANTEED A CLEAN ROOM IN A SAFE AREA.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms in this property. it is NOT a hotel. It is more like a motor inn.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve G
RobertGM_11, General Manager at Inn Marin & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your comments from your stay April 2013. We are equally frustrated with the third party reservations systems like you used, because we are not able to refund your money in the event that you are not satisfied. We encourage guests to book their reservations with us directly to avoid situations that are in the hands of third party booking sites who will not refund guest money if they have any problems. I truly apologize for our room not being appropriately cleaned before your stay. We strive to have the cleanest rooms, but this obviously was not the case when you stayed with us. We also go above and beyond what most other hotels do by completely stripping each bed ( Bed pad, sheets, Blanket and Bed spread) and wash everything every time a guest checks out no matter how long they stay with us. After each room is cleaned we have a Housekeeping Manager inspect every room to make sure our room is top quality.
There was no excuse for the crumbs in your room and I truly apologize for the inconvenience. I have met with all my front desk staff and Management and reviewed your experience. We have retrained and will make sure others will only have the best possible experience in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us so we can make our Boutique Inn a better place for everyone.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I spent eight nights, with my wife, at the Inn Marin, while visiting my son's family over Christmas. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. They even provided us with freezer space for frozen fish from Alaska that we were taking to friends in Texas. Room was very clean, and quiet. The hotel was within walking distance of my son's apartment, so we did not not need to spend a lot of time commuting. I would highly recommend the Inn Marin to anyone staying in Novato.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel are farther from the highway and very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple