New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Inn Marin
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Novato
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Cruz, California
“Comfortable and a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Despite being right on highway 101 this hotel is a quiet and comfortable place to base yourself for wine tasting in either Napa or Sonoma. We have been coming here with family for a weekend each October for 10 years. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. There is a large garden in the center of the property that is popular for weddings. The onsite restaurant, Rickeys, is also good value - accommodating menu, well prepared food, reasonable prices, full bar, excellent wine list and several daily specials and deals.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about quiet, particularly when a wedding is planned simply ask for a room in th...
Green Features: They have sustainably harvested wood floors and low VOC paint.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Serena D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Forney, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Inn Marin on a vacation to the San Fran area. It's a nice motel located right on the highway but the traffic noise did not bother us. The garden area was very peaceful & pretty. They go out of their way to make you comfortable. I had a little issue with my room but when brought to their attention it was quickly resolved. I appreciate their customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Unexpectedly nice for a quite modest place in this area. Both the wife and I were also VERY pleased with the attached Rickey's restaurant...service, food, atmosphere....FAR better than one might expect from a restaurant 'attached' to what is, essentially, a nice motel property. ZERO complaints about anything. We are senior citizens.

Room Tip: West side rooms are NOT noisy during the night, as has been reported.
Green Features: Lots of GREEN influences and deeds here. Nothing much else to say.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a great location for events in the Bay area. We went to wedding in Novato. The staff were helpful in helping us find good places to eat. It was close to the freeway, but very quiet. We were very pleased with our stay. Close to Oakland, San Francisco and Sacramento airports.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I just stayed at the Inn Marin with a tour group. We were greeted by a lovely lad named Kristi. I needed to get to a pharmacy so Kristie drove me herself in their lovely van. We dined at the hotel restaurant called Ricky's. I had fabulous salmon with a beautiful presentation. The staff could not have been more helpful. Grounds are lovely. Great for strolling.

Room Tip: The hotel is right on a highway so ask for a room in one of the back buildings.
Green Features: A sign in the bathroom asked folks to reuse the towels.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had never heard of this place before my business trip, but someone else in my company had stayed there and had a good stay, so I felt it would be ok.

I had a perfectly adequate stay. I didn't eat there, apart from a bowl of cereal for brekkie. In fact, I wasn't there much at all. The room was clean and upgraded. The beds were clean and comfortable - although they put the blanket on sideways, so it came up to my navel! I untucked it and remade the bed.

I was in a freeway room as they had a coach party in that night and were fully booked. It didn't really bother me, although I do like a bath and the room only had a shower. Bring your slippers because the floors are wood and there are no rugs. Although there is a shampoo and conditioner dispenser in the shower there is no lotion - so bring your own. The bath soap was particularly nice though.

All the bathroom doors creak and you can hear next door's from your room. I know this because the bloke next door apparently had a bladder problem and was in the loo 12 times one night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have booked the hotel for customers, vendors and family. The hotel is near the freeway but once
you are inside you feel you are at a resort, swimming pool, hot top, garden setting.
Ricky's restaurant has excellent food, and great Happy Hour menu.
free continentatl breakfast, has a good selection. parking is good, service is good.
this is why I continue to book my family, friends and customers there.
Caroline

Room Tip: Ask for garden room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
BEST WESTERN PLUS Novato Oaks Inn
Courtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Marin Suites Hotel
Marin Suites Hotel
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera
Days Inn Novato/San Francisco

Been to Inn Marin? Share your experiences!