“Great Hotel & Great Service!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Novato Oaks Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Novato
GreenLeadersGold level
Auburn, California
“Great Hotel & Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stayed only one night (darn!) at this nice hotel, but was treated like an A-List celeb! The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful, and when my room wasn't quite ready, offered to keep my luggage until it was. They warned me that there was some work being done on the roof, even though my room was on the first floor and was (as it turned out) only minimally affected. The room was really lovely and quite comfortable; I didn't want to leave in the morning -- and I didn't have to! Check out time is noon! But first I had a great Continental breakfast, complete with Starbucks coffee. A great stay. I highly recommend the Novato Oaks Inn.

Room Tip: Check to see if construction has been completed yet. If not, request a room on the 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Half Moon Bay, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed two nights at the Novato Oaks Inn as we were racing at nearby Infineon Raceway. There was a small problem with a smokey room upon check-in (this was designated a non-smoking room) but one call to the front desk and a young man was at our door step. He offered to move us but we politely declined as all of our bags were unpacked. There was also a problem with the wall air conditioned/heater. In the middle of the night it set off the smoke detector (boy was that loud!)and woke the three of us up. It smelled like burning wires. I am going to defend the hotel here. This is the third hotel in which this has happened with these wall units (Atwater and Davis were the others). The hotels that use these wall mounted units should re-think their use.

Now for the good news: The entire staff were attentive and happy. This makes a huge difference when approaching the front desk. There is no reason not to smile when operating a hotel. It really sets the mood. The bathrooms were clean, the room was clean, and the Novato Oaks Inn makes a good impression overall. I would definitely stay here again and again!

Be sure to visit the Wildfox restaurant next door.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a week-long San Francisco bay area trip. It was a little tricky to navigate some of the roads around it to get on and off 101.

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel, as it was probably the nicest place we stayed during our trip, but wasn't too different in price. Our room was very spacious, with a private deck that looked out east, and with a plush chair and desk. The continental breakfast offered many options, but was very popular. There was also an adjacent restaurant, Wildfox, which is definitely worth a visit. It seemed to be a popular hotel, judging from how busy the breakfast and how full the parking lot was, although the difficulty in finding a spot was increased due to some cars with trailers attached that took up several spaces. There was also only one elevator, which was a little inconvenient, especially since our room was near the end of complex.

The location was excellent for proximity to both Muir Woods, which we visited prior to checking in, and the Napa and Sonoma wine country regions. I can imagine that traffic could get busy, however, since you're on the main 101 drag running through the area. We didn't really see much of Novato itself, though we did stop at Moylan's Brewery for dinner one night - for beer afficionados, this is definitely worth checking out. All in all, this hotel was a great choice to stay for this leg of our trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed here for around three (3) straight months and have never regretted doing so! The rooms are spacious and great! Rooms facing the parking are better than those facing the trees at the back of the hotel! Oftentimes you will see a group of deers roaming around the hotel. The people here are very warm and accommodating especially Rolando, Juan, Kim, Wendy, Michelle, and the whole of Novato Oaks Inn. Will definitely go back here!

P.S.
The complimentary breakfast especially the coffee is great!

Room Tip: I prefer the 2nd/3rd level rooms facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Westminster, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We picked this place for the great price, while still being within driving distance of wine country. The reviews promised it would be a good place to stay, and they were right.

I don't usually pick Best Westerns to stay in - since they are usually owner-controlled, they are really diverse in their quality. But this is a really unique Best Western - very high quality, well-decorated, nice rooms, and great breakfast the next morning.

The hotel is tucked into the side of a hill, and surrounded by trees and greenery. Most of the rooms have balconies (make sure you request one if you want one; most of them have them, but mine did not). The pool looks like a great place to hang out or relax after a long day. The room itself was very nice, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Service was fast and friendly.

Would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We reserved a room here only because there were no available rooms at the Best Western in Corte Madera. The price was right for a room for four people with two queen beds ($148.00) and it included breakfast.

I had read the reviews on TA prior to our stay and figured it would be just fine...which it was.

We were given a room on the second floor near the pool. There appeared to be a large group of teenage girls staying in the room next door and I thought it might be an issue with noise but we didn't hear a sound.

The pool area was nice although we did not use it. The breakfast area was also nice and the breakfast (although just the usual offerings) were stocked well and the area kept clean.

The room itself was very nice with plantation shutters and marble countertops. The beds were comfy and the bedding was nice. I was very impressed with the room for this level of hotel especially for the price we paid.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room closer to the back of the hotel but maybe away from the pool, elevat...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during our anniversary trip to CA. The first night we were upgraded to a deluxe room, which is lovely with a balcony overlooking the pool. But let me warn potential guests, the two deluxe rooms are in the noisiest, busiest part of the hotel.

One huge drawback at this property is the door hinges that allow doors to slam shut AND thin walls. Unless fellow guests are thoughtful and prevent doors from slamming, the noise resonates through the walls. I was kept awake the first night until midnight when I finally called the front desk and asked why I was hearing sounds of furniture being thrown around an adjacent room. Come to find out, there was a party in a meeting room directly below us that was "supposed" to end at 10pm. Staff said they would put an end to it (I called at midnight!), but I continued hearing bangs throughout the night. We requested a room change the next morning to the most remote location available in the hotel. Lynda and Sharon at the front desk were extremely kind and helpful in accommodating us. On checkout, I asked the manager on duty for some type of compensation for the sleepless first night. She offered a meager amount.

The common areas and the reading nook off the lobby are nice amenities. We enjoyed a soak in the outdoor hot tub one evening. Breakfast is extremely average and basic, and the staff didn't do a good job replenishing the stock. The free Wi-Fi is a huge bonus.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank origami99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
Inn Marin
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Novato Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!