Marinwood Inn & Suites
Inn Marin & Suites(Novato)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
$174
$144
Metro Hotel & Cafe(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$129
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshbo channelsplenty of hot watersears pointfree breakfastvery pleasant stayeasy accesssan franciscobobbyfreewayupgradessinkupgradingsausalito
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I made a reservation for 1 night and then called to extend the reservation to 2 nights. I am racing at Sonoma Raceway this coming weekend and needed a place for my assistant to stay. A guy named John answered the phone when my wife called, while I was sitting next to her. John was indignant when she requested a second night's stay added to our reservation. Finally, he said we could add a second night. Eureka! Then, when asked another simple question, "can I add a second person to the reservation so that both persons can check in and out of room as they are arriving seperately?" John at first presented (rudely), all the reasons why he couldn't do this (there weren't any). Then, when asked simply, "can we add another person or not?", he said, "No." No explanation, no attempt at friendliness or politeness, just "no". Then, he decided to go on a rant about how payment had to be made with a credit card. "If the person checking in has a debit card, we won't check them in." My wife replied, "ok, its a credit card - nobody is using a debit card." "No Debit Cards", replied John. After that, he just hung up. Thinking we may have been disconnected, my wife called back to ask for a manager to at least ask if they were aware that this individual was talking to customers. His response, "I am the manager." Then, "Also, we don't have any rooms for the night you needed anymore." Then, hung up again. I just cancelled the reservation and booked elsewhere. If you have other options, book elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Barkley13
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I found that I needed to stay a couple of nights in Novato while my car was being repaired, and I found this hotel online. It was perfect for my stay, during which I worked extensively in my room. The desk was large and flexible, and the Internet plenty fast. The place has been recently remodeled, and it was done nicely. The beds are comfortable, too.

Also, I really liked DISH network on the TV. Many, many HD channels, including several HBO channels. I have stayed in many $200 night hotels which had fewer channels and not as nice a TV as the flat screen HDTV in my room.

An added bonus was a small garage under my room where I could park my car. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear JohnJSmallwood,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Novato Econo Lodge while your car was being repaired. We are happy that we were able to provide you comfortable work space. We hope the next time you are passing through town and need a place to pull over you will choose us again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed the weekend at this hotel and for the price it was quite adequate. They are remodeling the check in area but our room was in the back so it was nice and quiet and no highway noise. The parking was great and the beds were really comfortable! You can tell this is an older hotel even though they have upgraded. But for the price and if you want something clean and safe and convenient, then this is fine. Plenty of hot water, the shower is good, there is a kitchen and little patio and a skylight to brighten the room. If you like that deep darkness that you can get in hotels with the dark curtains, then this is not for you. The skylight brightens up when the sun comes up..which was fine with me. They only leave one single serving of regular and one of decaf coffee for you in the morning, though. I'm sure if you ask, they would leave more but the first morning we would have like to each have a cup of regular!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mise48

Dear Mise48,

Thank you for choosing the Novato Econo Lodge for your weekend stay in Marin. We love that you found our rooms bright and comfortable and note to leave 2 servings of each coffee for guests that are double occupancy. We hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

when in the area, consider this property. It is currently under rennovation -ask for a new room. rate includes breakfast and wireless. it is an older hotel from the outside, but the rooms are nice. not much more to say than to consider this hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I made the reservation for this Econo Lodge months in advance from the reviews on tripadvisor and am happy with our stay. They are undergoing a renovation, but do not let this keep you from staying here.

We stayed in a newly renovated King room. The vanity area is the best I have seen in any hotel that we've stayed at...beautiful. The room smelled new, either from new carpeting or paint or both. We could not hear any traffic noise from the room all the way in the back corner of the property, not that the property is huge...we could still see the back of the office from our room.

My only issue was that the deadbold did not lock due to some new doors perhaps and they had not gotten the chance to put the security lock at the top inside of the door yet. It wasn't a huge deal especially after we went outside and made sure the door was locked when we closed it, but I would have felt better with a deadbolt. I didn't lose any sleep over it, literally :) I also let them know on check out that it wouldn't lock, so I'm assuming it was taken care of.

My only suggestion would be to get a plastic shower curtain or plastic liner for the shower. It was a non waterproof cloth curtain only and had a bad odor to it after we took our showers and it stayed damp. I do not think the correct type of shower curtain was used for the renovation and a change should be considered.

Breakfast was as to be expected...coffee, juice, bagels, toast, muffins. Enough for us especially since we brought our own oatmeal and added that into the mix. Due to the renovation, the office and the breakfast area are in the same room so there are no chairs and tables. This didn't bother us at all, but it may someone else.

We were very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple