Marinwood Inn & Suites
$179
Inn Marin & Suites(Novato)(Great Value!)
$186
$191
$182
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
$129
$174
$144
Sheraton.com
Metro Hotel & Cafe(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewshbo channelsplenty of hot watersears pointfree breakfastvery pleasant stayeasy accesssan franciscobobbyfreewayupgradessinkupgradingsausalito
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently stayed three nights here and my experience wasn't the greatest. The days were warm and the air conditioner was not working correctly. I told the manager right after we checked in and he came to the room to see what was wrong. He agreed it wasn't working well and that someone would come the next day to fix it. That never happened and each day when we returned to the room it was stifling, though it had been left on all day. Also, the kitchen is not stocked with basics, not even paper towels. I will say the beds were comfortable, however. All in all, just an "okay" hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Kiran T, General Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The staff were very courteous and helpful. The rooms have just been renovated and more comfortable than I would have expected in a value priced mote. A very good value for Marin County. Don't be reluctant to stay here.

Room Tip: A room in the rear was totally isolated from freeway traffic noise, yet has easy access to hiway 101.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank William A

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to hear our staff was very couteous and helpful and that we exceeded your expecations. We hope see you again the nex time your in Novato.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed in this Econo Lodge for four nights. I was in the backside, where there it was very quiet. The rooms very tastefully decorated (as was the outside), the house keeper service was excellent, and the rooms were kept very clean!! The small restaurant out front only serves food till 3:00 pm, but the breakfast I had was excellent... I would definitely stay there again...

• Stayed: May 2013
Kiran T, General Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We have just finished remodel of our guest rooms and it very satisfying to hear you found our guest rooms to be tastefully decorated and very clean. It is always great to hear our about staff is doing an excellent job so thank you that and we hope to see you again the next time your in Novato.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my third stay at this hotel over the course of three years, so I've been able to watch its evolution. First stay was in a renovated room, second stay was in a room not yet renovated, and this stay was in one of the very newly renovated rooms.

This stay was awesome. The room is beautifully decorated, clean and fresh. Large flatscreen TV, and speedy wired internet. Wireless internet is available but suffers from reliability issues, something that the hotelier knows about... he told me at check-in to use the wired connection.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and I know that soon the other rooms will have the same mattress since a large truckload of them arrived while I was there.

Work is still proceeding on the renovation, and I appreciate that the owner is probably trying to make a great, affordable hotel without needing to borrow capital. Three years and counting but it does seem like they're approaching the end. My only possible complaint, minor at that, was that construction noise from the other side of the hotel grounds continued into mid-evening, but from what I can see they surely only have days remaining until the next batch of freshly renovated rooms are ready.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kiran T, General Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear you had a awesome stay with us and also great to receive positive feedback regarding our newly renovated guest rooms. We apologize for the noise during your visit. Thank you again for your review and hope to see you again the next time your in Novato.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed two nights on Easter weekend and had one of the refurbished rooms. The room was very nice. Comfy king size bed. Nice clean bathroom and cool vessel sink vanity. A little tight on towels and the continental breakfast was thin but still a great value. Desk guy was friendly and helpful. A little noisy and messy outside with the remodeling but we didn't hang out in the parking lot. We will absolutely stay again. Didn't eat at cafe, it looked a little pricey for what they offered but plenty of good food around. California grill and rotisserie not be missed. Thanks for a great getaway. Jim And Cherie room 105.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Jtptile

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you found our guest rooms to be very nice and a great value. Also great to hear you well taken care of by our staff and we apologize for the noise and mess during your visit. Thank you again for your review and hope to see you again the next time your in Novato.