We arrived around 9:30 PM on a Saturday evening. Reserved a week ahead -- one of the better deals available for visiting SF (half hour away). Had to wait a bit after ringing the Night Bell. Got a king-size bed in the rear of the property. As others have noted, this place is undergoing construction -- the front section nearest the road is being rebuilt as a classic one-story motel, while the rear section (where you stay right now) are a bunch of converted upstairs apartments with your car parked underneath. If you can ignore the piles of old furniture strewn about downstairs (and out of sight upstairs), this works out well since you're staying that much further from the Route 101 frontage road where the office and "new" rooms are.
The "apartment" room itself was spacious, clean and quiet. Would recommend for an overnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience affordable lodging at the bed-and-breakfast-style Marinwood Inn & Suites in Novato, California, located close to the world-famous Wine Country in Sonoma County. Each of our 47 well-appointed guest rooms - one-third of which are suites - is tastefully decorated and provides the ultimate in comfort and convenience - whether you're visiting for one night or an extended stay for any vacation or business traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marinwood Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge - Novato Hotel Novato
- Marinwood Inn & Suites Novato, CA - Marin County