“Surprised Each Time I go...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chao Praya-Thai Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 134 Restaurants in Novato
Cuisines: Thai
“Surprised Each Time I go...”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have eaten here three times in the last couple of years. I am always surprised by their menu and inventive dishes. Two nights ago I went there when it wasn't crowded, everyone was really attentive. We were looking for vegetarian options and they did very well by adding vege options And taking out the meat. The mango red curry without shrimp was divine as was the eggplant in black bean sauce usually made with a meat or shrimp. The fresh spring rolls with a peanut sauce was a welcome appetizer. I don't normally eat peanut sauce as I have daughter allergic to peanuts, but since I went alone this time, it was an enjoyable experience to taste fresh vegetables dipped in the sauce and savor the food slowly. They do tailor the spice according to your palate which I really like. I eat Thai all the time and this is a great little place to eat.

• Visited October 2013

San Francisco, California
“Authentic and delicious”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

They serve really wonderful Thai food. There is a nice, clean but a bit crowded eating environment. They are warm and very caring about you their customer. You have to let them know if you want it hot or not...

Visited February 2012
San Francisco, California
“Great Thai food even if you don't like Thai food (because you never tried it)”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Excellent Thai, though somewhat limited because Paul's got to do what makes people return, I met the owner twenty years ago while he was working at a Thai restaurant in San Rafael, he took a chance and opened a small place in Novato, certainly everyone can find something to say good and bad,but the best thing is, it is consistent, and if you want great wine bring your own and if you want something different or never had Thai and are stuck in the I do not like spicy food mode, ask them for suggestions, for me, it is in my home town and while I am at home this is where I go for Thai. Remember we all remember our first Thai experience and tend to compare it to where we are at present, there are other choices but I suggest this place because if you know thai then ask for it and if you want something different and it won't be so spicy, this is your best bet for Novato.
william ashton

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank wpaapw
foodcritics
“Good food, would recommend.”
Reviewed February 2, 2008

We are fans of Thai food, so we know a good Thai place when we find one. This is in our top 10 list of Thai restaurants in the north bay. The food is good, a bit spicier than most Thai restaurants, but delicious all the same. I would not recommend dining in, as the ambiance (diner style restaurant with large windows facing a parking lot) does not match the food. For take out, we order at least twice per month from here.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook