“Fun place”

California Grill & Rotisery
Ranked #40 of 141 Restaurants in Novato
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Whenever I'm in this area from Montana and need lunch I stop by. Pretty informal, order at the bar and then we go outside. Decent portions, not gourmet but good. Micro beers on tap. Lots of parking. I keep coming back over the years

Reviewed October 10, 2013

So, as the name implys, should have gone with more BBQ, than soup. We had 2 clam chowders and a split pea soup... chowders were runny watery, same with Split pea soup... But the split pea also had a burnt flavor...like when someone burns the bottom of the pan...when told to the server, all we got was "I'm sorry".
Also ate kids burger-yummy! Pulled pork sandwich- fair, but taste the BBQ sauce first to make sure it's to your liking (not to ours)...

We sat outside...nice ambiance until the propane fire went out, and no refill. Guess this place was just not the best for us tonight

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband, friends and family have eaten here probably 100 times in the last 13 years and continue to frequent it. The staff is friendly, helpful, accommodating (the chef recently bothered to take the time to stop and try to find the America's Cup Racing on one of the numerous t.v. screens for me). Outdoor covered seating (with A/C for summer and big heaters for winter) and indoor seating too. A few scattered t.v.s provide current sports events. They feature sandwiches, salads, and bbq ribs, chicky, steaks, sausages with some truly mouthwatering sides including baked beans, garlic mashed potatoes, slaws, salads, fries and lots more. Husband LOVEs the sausage sandwich, and our friends love the pulled pork. I usually get the Chinese chicken salad because of its large portion (also gives me a crunchy piece of grilled sour dough). Lots of choices! Great beers. Just a great place to hang out and enjoy your company and your food in a casual atmosphere. Big sink available to wash up before and after your meal. Buzzers alert you when your food is ready although staff often brings it to you before you leave your seat. Seafood specials have been good, tasty. The food is not gourmet but moreover standard, reliable, comfort fare and 95% of the time, moist and flavorful. Have had a few dry meat experiences and hope they keep an eye on that - maybe get a 'moist' heating drawer to help.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The ribs always taste dried out and reheated. Meats are always overcooked including the chicken. I have tried about everything on the menu and finally just gave up. When you walk into the place you smell nothing of BBQ or the slow cooking. This tells me it is all over baked or over baked.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The ribs are excellant. I especially love their beef ribs! Most all of the food is delicious. I usually do a take out. as the place is fairly small and partially outside dining under an enclosed awning which is fine for summer time They do a great job catering with their portable grill, They also do an excellent job catering Christmas dinners for large parties