“The best Japanese food in the North Bay”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2008

This is hands down the best Japanese restaurant in Marin and Sonoma County!!! The service is excellent, even during the extremely busy lunch time crowd. My mom is from Japan and this is the only Japanese restaurant she wants to eat at. We have tried all of the Japanese restaurants in the area...and I do mean all of them. Mamasan says this is the "best one".

There are newer reviews for Taki Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed April 19, 2008

I thought that the service was excellent and the warm towels were a great way to start a dining experience. The restaurant layout was above average and the atmosphere was standard. I ordered the Goyza, Novato roll, and Crazy roll. The Goyza (almost impossible to mess up) was good but the Crazy roll was extremely questionable. It was described on the menu as fresh salmon, crab, tempura etc but when the roll arrived it was far from fresh. The salmon/crab were made of a pasty substance (NOT fresh fish) and I couldn't finish the dish. The Novato roll ended up being 'ok'.

I am writing this 1.5 hours after experiencing Taki and I feel sick to my stomach. . . probably from the Crazy roll with "fresh" salmon/crab.

I'm just being honest and hope that my review helps others. I'm not a picky sushi person, but know what I like and don't like.

1  Thank bmiller12345
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Taki is not only the BEST Sushi restaurant in Marin, it's the best restaurant in all Marin. They greet you warmly with a hot washcloth and tea as soon as you are seated.

They are warm and gracious, and we LOVE Lee. Lee is the finest maitre'd/host of any place we have ever been - And we've been around!!

Generous protions, very fresh and they give you lots of wasabi and ginger.

No doubt the finest and heathiest food anywhere! Our all time favorite restaurant!

Reviewed February 19, 2007

We have eaten at just about every sushi restaurant in Marin and, hands down, Taki is our favorite. We value fresh sushi and generous portions above all else, and Taki never, ever fails us. They have some of the freshest fish I have ever tasted, and their portions are bigger than any other sushi joint. And their prices are always fair and reasonable. Absolutely worth every penny! And Lee is our favorite waiter - the nicest guy you can meet, and he remembers you and what you like, even if it is peculiar or unusual.

1  Thank Irongirl1