“Great hometown dining”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been here a couple times now for breakfast with my friends, and it has been great! Yummy menu choices and good service. Ask for the special home-made bread pudding for desert. It is divine! Yup, we had desert after breakfast. :) The chef has impressive creds and I plan to go back to try their dinner menu soon. EVERYTHING on the menu looks tempting.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Tucked away in the Old Town of Novato, this diner-style cafe serves high end comfort food at reasonable prices. We've been a couple of times, and haven't had a bad dish. The small plates are so good, we often just order several for the table, tapas style. Particular favorites: the batter fried green beans and mushrooms, the sticky baby back ribs, and the blue corn fritters. Each time we've been we were served by the chef/proprietor, who is attentive and friendly. They offer a good selection of craft brew style beers, including several on tap.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We visited this comfortable and friendly cafe for lunch while staying with family in Novato. It is located in the easily walkable old town near several fun shops. I ordered the Turkey Chili and green salad with the most delicious ginger vinegarette dressing I have tasted and I have tasted several. It had a delicately sweet, spicy flavor that complemented the very fresh mixed greens salad perfectly as well as the gently flavorful turkey chili. The chili texture reminded me more of a thick soup and the ingredients may have been blended. The experience was so appealing that I returned a few days later for another taste and it was equally good. This time I had the split pea and ham soup that was another delightful blended concoction with a fresh, out of the garden pea flavor spiked with a hint of ham. Service was friendly and efficient both times.